Convert MBR to GPT, without deleting the whole drive?

Edward78

Oh man, I have 3 partitions on my Windows drive,1 data & 1 downloads, crap. It seem there would be a way to convert with out deleting the whole drive.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

Does this include bootable Windows that needs converting MBR to GPT or just data partitions? 11 0or 10 (should be basically the same though, but just incase)?

I had a backup drive to clone the system disk before converting, just in case, but should be fool proof - https://www.pcworld.com/article/2047620/convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-losing-data-in-windows.html

I edit my posts more often than not

4 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Does this include bootable Windows that needs converting MBR to GPT or just data partitions? 11 0or 10 (should be basically the same though, but just incase)?

I had a backup drive to clone the system disk before converting, just in case, but should be fool proof - https://www.pcworld.com/article/2047620/convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-losing-data-in-windows.html

EaseUS Partition Master sounds good. Where is a safe place to get that? Hmmm, thought it was free, it says download trial on the site,

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

MBR2GPT.exe can do this without losing data, however you’re always expected to do your due diligence and backup sensitive files. 

21 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

EaseUS Partition Master sounds good. Where is a safe place to get that? Hmmm, thought it was free, it says download trial on the site,

There is a paid version of the program, but there's also a free-to-use version, which should support what you're trying to do. Although I would personally back up any data before proceeding with it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

There is a paid version of the program, but there's also a free-to-use version, which should support what you're trying to do. Although I would personally back up any data before proceeding with it.

Can you link me to the free one?

Sorry, I already had something to do it, I didn't know it would. Is there a way to save all info from HWInfo in a .txt file? the color scheeme is screwed up, not sure what from.