I have a gaming laptop and im currently building a new pc. I have an idea but i dont know if it will work. The idea is that i remove the m.2 ssd out my laptop with all my files and windows 11 installed and put it in my new pc while taking a new m.2 and putting it into the old laptop to sell. Will it work?

yeah, afaik that will work, will need to install all the drivers for your pc hardware(assuming windows doesn't just auto install them all), and most likely need to activate windows with a key if you want it activated. if your buying a new drive anyway, why not put that in the pc your building, fresh install windows 11, and copy all the stuff you want over? seems like a cleaner option to me, might be a bit more work, but not a crazy amount imo. then just factory reset the laptop before selling once everything is copied over.

You'll potentially need your bitllcker/tpm key if you are going to be changing machines and have those activated given that it's W11

Would definitely make it very clear to the buyer that the laptop will not have an activated copy of windows. 

34 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

yeah, afaik that will work, will need to install all the drivers for your pc hardware(assuming windows doesn't just auto install them all), and most likely need to activate windows with a key if you want it activated. if your buying a new drive anyway, why not put that in the pc your building, fresh install windows 11, and copy all the stuff you want over? seems like a cleaner option to me, might be a bit more work, but not a crazy amount imo. then just factory reset the laptop before selling once everything is copied over.

I got scammed for a windows 11 copy and cant spend the extra 110 dollars

You will have to reactivate Windows, so if the reason for doing this is to transfer your Windows license from the old laptop to your new computer this will not work