Are there any DisplayPort 2.0 or 2.1 compatible 16K fiber hybrid cables available anywhere?

Shoonay

I was so happy when I finally saw the AK-340107-100-S from AOC on my local shop (Allegro.pl) appear and did not pay any attention to it's specs, assuming it's gonna be fine, it's 2024 after all, everybody uses high refresh monitors, am I right?

But no, it couldn't handle 240Hz @ 1440p in full 10-bit RGB, dammit, it couldn't even handle 120Hz and started resetting my monitor after a few hours of using it!

So far my Samsung G7 is very happy set in DisplayPort 1.4 mode (this got me confused with the fiber one) with a DisplayPort 2.0 16K cable from YIWENTEC (DP16K-F0207) and 240Hz in 1440p at full RGB 10-bit range is no problem, but I was just looking around for a fiber one that's around 10m long so I could put my PC behind a wall in the next room.

Any finds?

From what I'm able to find the cable should be able to do 32.4 Gbps (which would be HBR3).

1440p, 10 bpc, 240 Hz requires 30.77 Gbps, so the cable should be up for it. Maybe it was defective or the specs are plain wrong, but yeah you'll need a cable that supports HBR3 (cables are not versioned, they are rated by the maximum bandwidth they support, even if the version is often used for marketing purposes)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

38 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

From what I'm able to find the cable should be able to do 32.4 Gbps (which would be HBR3).

1440p, 10 bpc, 240 Hz requires 30.77 Gbps, so the cable should be up for it. Maybe it was defective or the specs are plain wrong, but yeah you'll need a cable that supports HBR3 (cables are not versioned, they are rated by the maximum bandwidth they support, even if the version is often used for marketing purposes)

What cable?

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

HBR3 maximum data rate is 25.92 Gbit/s, which is a physical bit rate of 32.4 Gbit/s.

Requirement for 2560×1440 at 240 Hz 10 bpc is 30.77 Gbit/s data rate, which becomes 38.46 Gbit/s bit rate in HBR3 transmission. So it would be outside the limit.

But you are comparing the data rate requirement of one against the bit rate limit of the other, which is incorrect 🙂

If the monitor only supports HBR3, then either it uses DSC, or does not allow 240 Hz and 10 bpc simultaneously. In either case only HBR3 rated cable is needed, anyway.

Okay, but do these cables physically exist outside of general spec tables?

Any names? Links?