Gelid Products discount

RevGAM

I need your thoughts here.

Gelid Solutions sent me a message via NewEgg on Monday, offering special discounts and a discount code or what the discounts were, or even WHICH products.

This is what happened.

When I clicked the links and selected a product as a test, the code was invalid. I tried ALL of their products with the same result. I wrote back and told them this.

They wrote back with a list of the products (their 120 & 360 AIOs, as well as some of their pastes and pads), links and the individual discounts for each - no more code.  When I looked, however, the stated discounts were not reflected in the products. I felt this was kinda suspicious but since it was legitimately their NE shop, I wrote back and told them the product discounts didn't match the stated ones in the email. I pointed this out to them:

My apologies, but the discounts you have stated are not reflected on NewEgg. For example, the 360 AIO reflects an 11% discount, not 30%. Given the poor specs of your AIO, even at 30% off, I'm just not interested. I would consider it at maybe 60% off because it just isn't good value based on the specs on your website. I'm sorry if that is offensive, but I'm an honest person.

https://gelidsolutions.com/product/gelid-liquid-360/

Finally, this morning, I got a response to this, and it's a bit incongruous:

Thanks for your suggestion, AIO360 water cooling 30%OFF, for you to reference, any suggestion please feel free to let us know

They included a link to ONLY their 360 AIO. The price on their website is $120, but is sold out. Given this price, 30% off would be $84. On NewEgg it is $98 (not that I'm surprised because NewEgg doesn't try too hard to compete with the highly unethical monster, Amazon).

As I told them, why should I spend this much on a substandard AIO? They don't even list the waterflow or the head.

Pump Specifications:

ARGB Connector: 3 Pin
ARGB Voltage (V): 5
Block Material: Copper
Pump Connector: 3 Pin
Pump Dimension (mm): 75 x 75 x 56
Pump RPM: 2600
Radiator Dimension (mm): 120 x 393 x 27
Radiator Material: Aluminium
TDP (W): max. 300
Tube: FEP sleeve
Warranty (years): 5
Water Pump Voltage (V): 12
Weight (g): 1500 (with mounting kits and fans)

Fan Specifications:

Air Flow (CFM): max. 61.9
ARGB Connector: 3 Pin
ARGB Voltage (V): 5
Bearing: Hydro Dynamic
Current (A): 0.2
DC Voltage (V): 12
Fan Connector: 4 Pin PWM
Fan Dimensions (mm): 120 x 120 x 25
Fan Speed (RPM): 750 - 1800
Life Time MTTF at 40°C (hr): 50000
Noise Level (dBA): max. 34
Static Pressure (mmAq): 1.67

Included: GC-4 - The State of Art Thermal Compound

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions - on the products, the repeated discount flubs, as well as this AIO that seems to be lame?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions - on the products, the repeated discount flubs, as well as this AIO that seems to be lame?

Just sounds like spam tbh. Maybe out of date discounts.

AIOs have gotten cheap, wouldn't bother with it if they aren't putting out all the info you're looking for.

47 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

Just sounds like spam tbh. Maybe out of date discounts.

AIOs have gotten cheap, wouldn't bother with it if they aren't putting out all the info you're looking for.

Well, the thing is that AIO tests are on my to-do list. I don't mind scorching their product if it sucks.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

I have a tube of Gelid something.. never got to use it because it was as hard as a rock in the tube. But to be fair it came with my Z77 OCFormula, and was already a decade old when I tried to use it 😄

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's