UPS question

Pryme
which should i choose: aproximate or pure sinusoidal? In my are there are plenty of moments where electricity is unstable in voltage, and sometimes that would make my computer reboot, well i want an ups that would stop that.i m between these 2 :
CyberPower VP1000ELCD 1000VA or
CP900EPFCLCD 900VA

don t recommend me others because the popular choices in usa are not available in my country, only "quality" that isn t costing a liver is cyberpower, i also don t care about how long it will last me, cuz i just want the reboots to stop happening, if power goes out for good i ll turn off the pc, and yes i m sure it s because of that, i tried a friend ups for a month and it stopped rebooting, problem is that his is way too expensive.

My pc specs, i doubt they are required but why not:

I73700k
64gb ram
4070 super
B760 gaming x
RM750E gold

pure sine is always better than approximation.

but that said, are other devices also affected? (do your displays also flake out, etc)

because if it's just the pc, it might be the power supply that's struggling for some reason.

Just now, manikyath said:

pure sine is always better than approximation.

but that said, are other devices also affected? (do your displays also flake out, etc)

because if it's just the pc, it might be the power supply that's struggling for some reason.

my old computer happened to have the same issue but since it had a lower quality psu i thought that it was just a pc problem, well it seems not, only problem i had was with high wattage electronics. but not monitors, also i don t think my psu would struggle, it s a RM750E gold, and the reboots would happen even when drawing only 100W-200W total (browsing or light gaming)

1 minute ago, Lonewolf6869 said:

my old computer happened to have the same issue but since it had a lower quality psu i thought that it was just a pc problem, well it seems not, only problem i had was with high wattage electronics. but not monitors, also i don t think my psu would struggle, it s a RM750E gold, and the reboots would happen even when drawing only 100W-200W total (browsing or light gaming)

also when i got my friends ups i did a complete stress test (CPU +GPU maxed out) for 48hours and it passed it without problems, so i doubt it s a pc problem

Personally, I would suggest getting something that has more capacity. But just between those two, get the 1000VA. Although if you are gaming and consuming at around 300-600w, I don't even think it will last for a minute or two or even less than that.

A computer or any device with switching power supply (TVs, phone chargers etc) won't care that much if the output is pure sine wave or approximated sine wave.

Some cheaper switching power supplies may not be able to output the maximum they're capable of with approximated sine wave as approximated sine wave is harder on the Active PFC portion of the power supply - for example a 650w power supply may only be able to output 550w with approximated sine wave. 

I think you should be fine with the 900 model with pure sine wave output, but if the 1000 model is cheaper that should also work well.  

The 1000 has a bunch more features which would make me think it's more expensive, but being approximate sine wave output may mean it's actually cheaper. 

They both kinda suck in the battery capacity department, the 900va one has only one 12v 8Ah lead acid battery, the other one probably also has just one battery but it's not clear what Ah size it is. 

If you're gaming while power is lost, these will keep your system running for maybe 2-3 minutes, but if you quit the game right away it may last around 10-15 minutes or so. 

23 minutes ago, mariushm said:

A computer or any device with switching power supply (TVs, phone chargers etc) won't care that much if the output is pure sine wave or approximated sine wave.

Some cheaper switching power supplies may not be able to output the maximum they're capable of with approximated sine wave as approximated sine wave is harder on the Active PFC portion of the power supply - for example a 650w power supply may only be able to output 550w with approximated sine wave. 

I think you should be fine with the 900 model with pure sine wave output, but if the 1000 model is cheaper that should also work well.  

The 1000 has a bunch more features which would make me think it's more expensive, but being approximate sine wave output may mean it's actually cheaper. 

They both kinda suck in the battery capacity department, the 900va one has only one 12v 8Ah lead acid battery, the other one probably also has just one battery but it's not clear what Ah size it is. 

If you're gaming while power is lost, these will keep your system running for maybe 2-3 minutes, but if you quit the game right away it may last around 10-15 minutes or so. 

thank you, yeah i don t really care about how long it lasts, if i loose power ill shut down the pc instantly, but i think you can imagine how annoying is for your pc to restart just because irregular voltage

36 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

Personally, I would suggest getting something that has more capacity. But just between those two, get the 1000VA. Although if you are gaming and consuming at around 300-600w, I don't even think it will last for a minute or two or even less than that.

sadly i can t afford anything more at the moment, even that ups is almost half of my income montly lol

Pure sine output is always better, and better quality UPSes are almost always pure sine.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Pure is better so go for that.

14 hours ago, Pryme said:

sadly i can t afford anything more at the moment, even that ups is almost half of my income montly lol

Think about it this way: it's cheaper than getting a new PC.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.