Any recommended changes to my build or mistakes I'm making?

PCPARTPICKER:   https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Brandontmack/saved/#view=GhyZ23

Budget (including currency): 1200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR Gaming on Quest 2, 1440P gaming on Highest settings (non raytracing) while watching HD videos or streams.

Other details 

1- Already have all the storage, Its basically all I can take from my current build due to it being a heavily RGB build, and I want it toned down, along with would create a bottleneck to any of the current GPUs

2- Microcenter deal for the CPU-Mobo-RAM for $399. Was going to go with the 7800X3d bundle but for $100 more I felt it was better put into the graphics card

3- Case is expensive, but I absolutely love the Fractal North look

4- This is my first AMD GPU, as my current 2070 Super died after 4 years and want to switch, I choose the 7900 GRE due to it seeming to run games 25-30% better than the 7700XT, seemed justified for the extra $100.

5- I would very much like to try and make this as upgradeable as possible if I encountered any issues with parts over the next 5 years or so, but I was feeling this was a great base to setup first

Any suggestions would be great! Just want smarter minds than mine to assist before I lock in buying all of this. 

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, BrandBoozle said:

Budget (including currency): 1200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1440P Highest settings (non raytracing) with gaming while watching HD videos.

Other details 

1- Already have all the storage, Its basically all I can take from my current build due to it being a heavily RGB build, and I want it toned down, along with would create a bottleneck to any of the current GPUs

2- Microcenter deal for the CPU-Mobo-RAM for $399. Was going to go with the 7800X3d bundle but for $100 more I felt it was better put into the graphics card

3- Case is expensive, but I absolutely love the Fractal North look

4- This is my first AMD GPU, as my current 2070 Super died after 4 years and want to switch, I choose the 7900 GRE due to it seeming to run games 25-30% better than the 7700XT, seemed justified for the extra $100.

5- I would very much like to try and make this as upgradeable as possible if I encountered any issues with parts over the next 5 years or so, but I was feeling this was a great base to setup first

Any suggestions would be great! Just want smarter minds than mine to assist before I lock in buying all of this. 

Capture.PNG

Copy the pc part picker link and paste it here

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

10 minutes ago, BrandBoozle said:

My bad! Im quite new here, I added it to the post as well! Thank you

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Brandontmack/saved/#view=GhyZ23

With how much is preincluded there's not much to add. If you can bump the budget by that $100, the 7800x3d I feel like would be worth it. And what are all the parts that combo includes?

7 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

With how much is preincluded there's not much to add. If you can bump the budget by that $100, the 7800x3d I feel like would be worth it. And what are all the parts that combo includes?

The parts include the CPU, MOBO, and RAM for the microcenter deal! I will very much think if I can stretch and get the 78003D version!

1 minute ago, BrandBoozle said:

The parts include the CPU, MOBO, and RAM for the microcenter deal! I will very much think if I can stretch and get the 78003D version!

Are they the same though?

Just now, Hellowpplz said:

Are they the same though?

The 7700x bundle has the same RAM, different MOBO, as the 78003d. Price and Mobo are different for the CPUs, but each Mobo is basically the same for functionality 

Yeah looks good, and if you want it even more toned down the peerless assassin, frost spirit and frost commander come in block colours, so entirely black/white etc if thats more your stick

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

get a toughpower gf1 for the same price as that psu has a 10 year warranty

if you can stretch the budget or buy a used 6800xt/3080 (very minor downgrade but cuts 150-200$) then get the 7800x3d bundle which is 100$ extra

otherwise looks fine

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

get a toughpower gf1 for the same price as that psu has a 10 year warranty

if you can stretch the budget or buy a used 6800xt/3080 (very minor downgrade but cuts 150-200$) then get the 7800x3d bundle which is 100$ extra

otherwise looks fine

Well I wouldnt say "minor" (with the 6800xt at least)

11 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Well I wouldnt say "minor" (with the 6800xt at least)

eh theyre pretty close and price gap is like 150-200$ comparing a new 7900 gre with a 6800xt