Use Google's find my device app on Samsung device

Go to solution Solved by Cyber Raven,

I think I might have found the problem. I'm in the UK, and as far as I can tell, Google's new find my device network hasn't been released here yet (region locking sucks). I'm guessing they've completely disabled the old service with no thought as to what we'll use in the meantime. If anyone knows any more about this, please do comment.

Thanks.

Good afternoon,

I've been having some trouble recently with my Samsung devices to get them connected to Google's find my device app. Since updating to oneUI 6, the option of using Google's find my device has been replaced in settings with Samsung's own Galaxy find service. In my opinion, I shouldn't need a manufacturer account to use my device, so I refuse to use any services requiring a Samsung account, instead using the google equivalents. However I've been unable to get my devices to appear in the google app, as it requires a setting to be enabled to get them to show, and Samsung has now hidden that setting to encourage their users to use the more limited samsung service. I would have thought that completely removing the alternative would violate anticompetitive laws, so there's probably still a way of enabling it somewhere?

Does anyone know a way to enable google find on oneui 6?

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Cyber Raven said:

I would have thought that completely removing the alternative would violate anticompetitive laws

well luckly for them theres a giant EULA that everyone accepts without reading so no luck there.

I think I might have found the problem. I'm in the UK, and as far as I can tell, Google's new find my device network hasn't been released here yet (region locking sucks). I'm guessing they've completely disabled the old service with no thought as to what we'll use in the meantime. If anyone knows any more about this, please do comment.

Thanks.