Ryzen 5 8400F question.

Hey, I was wondering if the newly launched 8400F is a similar layout to the 8500G ( 4P cores and 2E cores), if no then does anyone have an idea when they will be available in Europe?

Should be around the same

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

44 minutes ago, dolphinofthesky said:

I was wondering if the newly launched 8400F is a similar layout to the 8500G

From what I know it is more similar to the 8600G than the 8500G. I haven't seen anything confirm that, but since the PCIe layout is that of the other Phoenix 1 APUs, it would make the most sense. 

It will very much depend on the price for whether the 8400F makes any sense, though unless it's ~$140-150 US, I wouldn't recommend it. 

22 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

From what I know it is more similar to the 8600G than the 8500G. I haven't seen anything confirm that, but since the PCIe layout is that of the other Phoenix 1 APUs, it would make the most sense. 

It will very much depend on the price for whether the 8400F makes any sense, though unless it's ~$140-150 US, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Kinda goofy naming if its closer to an 8600g than an 8500g

But a 7500f if available is just a straight up better option especially at the same price so unless its quite abit cheaper than the 7500f then not worth buying

though i guess that means ill have access to cheaper pheonix apus since apparently these will be oem only and sold as tray which means significantly cheaper than the horrifically overpriced 8600g in my country

Depending on price theres 2 kinds of ppl this disabled apu targets

The ppl that wanna save money cause its cheaper than a 7500f or the 7500f is unavailable but the 8400f is quite abit cheaper than a 7600

Oc nuts like me that want cheap apus thatll clock ddr5 like mad and also be cheaper for binning cpus

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Kinda goofy naming if its closer to an 8600g than an 8500g

But a 7500f if available is just a straight up better option especially at the same price so unless its quite abit cheaper than the 7500f then not worth buying

though i guess that means ill have access to cheaper pheonix apus since apparently these will be oem only and sold as tray which means significantly cheaper than the horrifically overpriced 8600g in my country

Depending on price theres 2 kinds of ppl this disabled apu targets

The ppl that wanna save money cause its cheaper than a 7500f or the 7500f is unavailable but the 8400f is quite abit cheaper than a 7600

Oc nuts like me that want cheap apus thatll clock ddr5 like mad and also be cheaper for binning cpus

I was actually thinking about the 7500F for a possible gaming pc, but decided to go with a 12600kf because of E-cores, so that's how I got curious.

51 minutes ago, dolphinofthesky said:

I was actually thinking about the 7500F for a possible gaming pc, but decided to go with a 12600kf because of E-cores, so that's how I got curious.

Ecores are kinda useless unless you have a buncha stuff in the background or have something that leverages the ecores cause the 7500f will obliterate a 12600kf in singlecore especially if you tune it abit with pbo or even a manual allcore oc

Though 12600kf is still a decent choice if you get a cheap ddr4 mobo and some ddr4 instead of ddr5 cause then the price of the rams and the board are the same as am5 and at that point might aswell get the faster cpu on a platform that isnt dead and you can just drop in a new cpu without mobo or ram swap when you want more performance

7500f > 8400f even if you get a decent sample thatll run 9000 - 10000 ddr5 (keep in mind that ryzen cpus can still hit 8000 in 2:1 uclk and that wont be much faster than tuned 6200-6400 in 1:1 uclk)

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ecores are kinda useless unless you have a buncha stuff in the background or have something that leverages the ecores cause the 7500f will obliterate a 12600kf in singlecore especially if you tune it abit with pbo or even a manual allcore oc

Though 12600kf is still a decent choice if you get a cheap ddr4 mobo and some ddr4 instead of ddr5 cause then the price of the rams and the board are the same as am5 and at that point might aswell get the faster cpu on a platform that isnt dead and you can just drop in a new cpu without mobo or ram swap when you want more performance

7500f > 8400f even if you get a decent sample thatll run 9000 - 10000 ddr5 (keep in mind that ryzen cpus can still hit 8000 in 2:1 uclk and that wont be much faster than tuned 6200-6400 in 1:1 uclk)

I'm anxious that I'll break something, I think I'll just stick to the ram's EXPO profile.

13 hours ago, dolphinofthesky said:

I'm anxious that I'll break something, I think I'll just stick to the ram's EXPO profile.

Pc hardware is very durable so no you cant kill anything unless you physically mod the board to run even higher voltages than the stock max volts (ex vcore max = 2v you raise that to 2.5v which is instant death)

Spoiler

IMG_20240330_233353.thumb.jpg.e9ba5766ec80228368cf2df120dc0b55.jpg

Yes older hardware is more bulletproof but still pc hardware is very durable, this is with vtt at 1.94v and vdimm 2.3v well above what anyone would usually run (id consider 1.7v vcore vtt to be max safe for bloomfield and theres usually no point going past 2v vdimm) and it works just fine for frequency runs and i havent killed any chips yet aside from an i3 540 from 5.2ghz bios runs at 1.85v but temps were probably to blame cause idle in bios was at 70c and 1156 chips seem to be relatively weak

for newer hardware vcore max is 1.45v but youll hit thermal limit before 1.35v unless you direct die, and rams seem to just be skys the limit and again thermal limit before you push past 1.5v and even if you get rid of the thermal limit itll still run fine even at 1.7v if its a good ic like hynix m die or a die

So yeah cant kill hardware unless you mod the volts or run really high temp relative to the volt you are running, and youll run into thermal limits before you get anywhere near mildly unsafe volts