Upgrade Pre built PC CPU or GPU?

MrBigD1409

Hey guys my brothers prebuilt PC is quite old and slow this days hes struggling a lot with just doing normal stuff on the pc even opening an app takes a lot its laggy, CPU it has a amd a10 6700 apu and gpu i gave him my old gtx 1050 2gb, he has a 200 euros budget and dont know what to change CPU or GPU.

22 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

he has a 200 euros budget and dont know what to change CPU or GPU.

changing the CPU will require a motherboard change too, since you are still on socket FM2.

Are you considering the used market? There are some pretty cheap Ryzen options that would be a pretty massive improvement.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

used is not an issue, thje issue is finding the used parts here in italy xD

I'd try and get a used AM4 bundle like a 1600 AF, 2600, 3600 or better. Preferably a board with an M.2 slot so he could buy a cheap 500/1TB drive if he doesn't have a SSD already.

2 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

used is not an issue, thje issue is finding the used parts here in italy xD

on eBay compare prices on Ryzen 5 CPUs that you can get your hands on. Even first gen Ryzen like a Ryzen 5 1600 or even a 1400 is a big jump in performance.

Used ram is a good idea, but new motherboards are not a bad idea. You can still get a new B450 motherboard for a good price
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/Nh2bt6/msi-b450m-a-pro-max-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-a-pro-max

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i was checking the ryzen 5 3600 and its quite cheap at around 90 euros

2 hours ago, MrBigD1409 said:

Hey guys my brothers prebuilt PC is quite old and slow this days hes struggling a lot with just doing normal stuff on the pc even opening an app takes a lot its laggy, CPU it has a amd a10 6700 apu and gpu i gave him my old gtx 1050 2gb, he has a 200 euros budget and dont know what to change CPU or GPU.

This depends entirely one what type of games you are intending to play. If you like more fast paced fps shooter like R6 or COD than cpu is your best bet. Although if you play more slow paced games where graphics are more important than the gpu

On 4/13/2024 at 6:12 PM, ParzivalAero said:

This depends entirely one what type of games you are intending to play. If you like more fast paced fps shooter like R6 or COD than cpu is your best bet. Although if you play more slow paced games where graphics are more important than the gpu

mostly some COD call of duty