Colocation Reccomendations

Hello, wondering if anyone has any recommendations for colocation providers? Looking for something central USA as its for game server hosting. I currently pay 109 MO for:

Ryzen 3700X

8 Core (16 thread) - 3.6/4.4GHz
    30gbit/s DDoS Protection
    64GB DDR4 RAM
    2 x 500GB NVMe + 4TB HDD
    1Gbit/s port (10TB Traffic)

Obviously not the highest end specs but not the worst, looking to save some money per month by owning the HW.

I have a colocated 1u box for $99 a month, so I really doubt your saving money here. That $99 was already a pretty good deal, and your probably spending a reasonable amount to get that class of hardware in 1u. I'm doing mine though Netactuate, but colocation probably don't make sense at your scale.

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I have a colocated 1u box for $99 a month, so I really doubt your saving money here. That $99 was already a pretty good deal, and your probably spending a reasonable amount to get that class of hardware in 1u. I'm doing mine though Netactuate, but colocation probably don't make sense at your scale.

Yeah the server I have priced out is ~$1000 without the case case/PSU, was hoping to try to get a good deal on those uses on ebay. Mind me asking where you got that $99 deal at? The cheapest option I've found so far was $120, which isn't even less money obviously. I wouldn't be opposed to same/slightly less money but I can do a big HW upgrade since I'll control the HW.

8 minutes ago, Praetor5426 said:

Yeah the server I have priced out is ~$1000 without the case case/PSU, was hoping to try to get a good deal on those uses on ebay. Mind me asking where you got that $99 deal at? The cheapest option I've found so far was $120, which isn't even less money obviously. I wouldn't be opposed to same/slightly less money but I can do a big HW upgrade since I'll control the HW.

Got the deal with Netactuate via a promo they had going on. $99 for 200w + 1u + 1gbe unmetered with a /29. IDK if they still have that deal though.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Got the deal with Netactuate via a promo they had going on. $99 for 200w + 1u + 1gbe unmetered with a /29. IDK if they still have that deal though.

Yeah and the build I got priced out is at ~340w

8 minutes ago, Praetor5426 said:

Yeah and the build I got priced out is at ~340w

Where are you getting 340w from? I'd guess that a 3800x + some drives would be well under 

My system stays under 200w at all times with a 5900x at 65w eco mode, 4x14tb drives, 3x2TB ssds, and 128GB of ram in a asrock rack 1u barebones.

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Where are you getting 340w from? I'd guess that a 3800x + some drives would be well under 

My system stays under 200w at all times with a 5900x at 65w eco mode, 4x14tb drives, 3x2TB ssds, and 128GB of ram in a asrock rack 1u barebones.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WqzDdH

I would plan for this system to be at full load at times

Just now, Praetor5426 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WqzDdH

I would plan for this system to be at full load at times

That system would use much less than 340w under load, PCPP is more of a PSU rating rather than a average load rating. A 5950x isn't pulling that much power, and there isn't much else on that system. 

Your gonna want a different Cooler for 1u, there woudn't be a space for it to intake in 1u. Same with the motherboard, those ram slots will basically block all the airflow for the CPU. 

This is probably want you want for case + motherboard + PSU. https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=1U4LW-X570#Specifications There are a few variants of this from asrock, but IPMI is very nice to have to do a reinstall of the OS if needed and cooling and ram is setup for 1u. 

I see, I was looking to spend around $1000-$1500 in total for the Hardware, given this budget do think I'm better off just continuing to rent my Hardware? I was hoping to save some money on a user server case but honestly I don't know what to look for exactly.