Rtx vsr doesn't work at all

I have a rtx 3060 laptop and for some reason, vsr doesn't work on chrome, edge and mpc-be. Despite having vsr on in the nvidia control panel, I see no workloads on the gpu while playing a video. Wiping the drivers and reinstalling it didn't work. Any form of help would be great.

Is your hardware acceleration in the Nvidia panel disabled? Enable it is it is.

I have a rtx 3060 laptop and for some reason, vsr doesn't work on chrome, edge and mpc-be. Despite having vsr on in the nvidia control panel, I see no workloads on the gpu while playing a video. Wiping the drivers and reinstalling it didn't work. Any form of help would be great.

14 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Is your hardware acceleration in the Nvidia panel disabled? Enable it is it is.

Is it in the manage 3d settings bcs i don't see it in there

3 minutes ago, AllyPuyo said:

Is it in the manage 3d settings bcs i don't see it in there

I'm pretty sure it is. 

If you can't find the solution to your problem on this site, you may want to go to the Nvidia website. I've noticed you recreated this thread. Nvidia has a help forum. I think it may help you a bit more. However, I'm happy to help.

7 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

I'm pretty sure it is. 

If you can't find the solution to your problem on this site, you may want to go to the Nvidia website. I've noticed you recreated this thread. Nvidia has a help forum. I think it may help you a bit more. However, I'm happy to help.

When i open the control panel, vsr showed as active for 1 second and then change to inactive. Turning off hardware accelerated gpu scheduling doesn't seem to help either

That's very odd. I've never heard of this happening before. I think you might want to try putting this in the Nvidia help forums. This makes no sense. I've tried searching this up, and there were no results on this particular problem. 

Playing a video isn't that taxing on the GPU, since it has dedicated hardware for this. There should be a status indicator in Nvidias Control Panel, whether it is doing any work.

What resolution does the video have and what resolution are you trying to upscale it to?

Maybe also check the FAQ:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5448

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

25 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Playing a video isn't that taxing on the GPU, since it has dedicated hardware for this. There should be a status indicator in Nvidias Control Panel, whether it is doing any work.

What resolution does the video have and what resolution are you trying to upscale it to?

Maybe also check the FAQ:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5448

I'm upscaling from 1080p to 1440p 

A video is playing but it shows as inactive
image.thumb.png.290df1c65bd4aebf1fefe6433eec375c.png

7 minutes ago, AllyPuyo said:

I'm upscaling from 1080p to 1440p 

A video is playing but it shows as inactive

Maybe the video is unsupported. Their FAQ isn't definitive in that regard, simply saying that "most videos played in supported browsers" will work. Supported browsers are Chrome/Edge on 64 bit editions of Windows 10/11.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

5 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Maybe the video is unsupported. Their FAQ isn't definitive in that regard, simply saying that "most videos played in supported browsers" will work. Supported browsers are Chrome/Edge on 64 bit editions of Windows 10/11.

It's played on edge, win 11 64 bit

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having this exact same problem (2060 with windows 10). VSR is enabled in control panel but flicks on then stays off when playing a youtube video in chrome, firefox and edge. You're not going crazy! I assume a recent update broke it for some cards because it used to work just fine, although of course there's no acknowledgement from any of them that it broke something.

Oddly, for me, it works when I use it on a 1080p monitor and are scaling up from like a 720p or something, but it doesn't work at all when I put it on my big tv and try to upscale to 4k.