An actual cable managed case (ft an hour of work)

Linkinworm

So after getting some time to redo the cable management in my case. These are the results. I'm using a Corsair 220t case so standard size PSU cable lengths are a bit of an issue to get inside without bulge but I'm pretty happy how this turned out. Please don't flame there's no GPU (hence the cable in the front ready) I ran out of cash for now and can't decide what I even want to buy for £700.

What I did find is my main 24pin is split into something like 10+ 14 pin, I think. And gigabyte decided it was best to then split these into some crazy sets of 4+2+10+8 or something like that. Mess madness

I'm running the 3 front fans of a single 1 → 3 splitter to get them to sync in software easier. The artic freezer 2 fans have been split from the pump to a single header to actually control them for noise

Surprisingly a still managed to keep my spinning discs (lazy legacy can't be bothered to move the data)

And as per a previous post the aio is only able to fit in this case properly with a offset bracket

( Case is a bit misleading since even just using 120mm fans they hit up against the 8 pin CPU space, and gigabyte don't use the most flexible wires)

the stiff tubing doesn't really allow a front mount, and the extra length of the rad beyond the fans doesn't allow a 3rd fan at the front to get some air to the PSU and HDDs. At least without some sort of mod.

If anyone else has a Corsair 220t , I'd be interested in seeing how you overcome it's size limitations. I bought it purely because it was the smallest atx case I thought I could work with

20240411_210825_1712866346861.jpg

20240411_210905.jpg

6 minutes ago, Linkinworm said:

Surprisingly a still managed to keep my spinning discs (lazy legacy can't be bothered to move the data)

Nothing wrong with spinning disks, I need the space, so I still have two disks in my gaming machine.  I like to mount a 80mm fan on the other side of those HDD cages, to help keep the disks nice and cool (older build):

7700k6.jpg

Its great but.. what is going on here? 

image.png.7591aa8a0f68c4f4f486c4c5885b8901.png

6 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Its great but.. what is going on here? 

Someone spotted a shortcut 🙂

Edit:

Maybe GPU cable?

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

Someone spotted a shortcut 🙂

Edit:

Maybe GPU cable?

Oh, you're right. Its not installed at all, that makes sense.

7 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Oh, you're right. Its not installed at all, that makes sense.

Yeah just foresight for when I get a new GPU. Didn't fancy trying to route it after the fact. I'm just hoping I don't need the 12pin cable instead when I do decide what to get

20 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Nothing wrong with spinning disks, I need the space, so I still have two disks in my gaming machine.  I like to mount a 80mm fan on the other side of those HDD cages, to help keep the disks nice and cool (older build):

7700k6.jpg

That's a good idea. Although I'm not sure I have the space since my PSU is a bit long and I used most of the space to hide a few cables rather than having a them smashes up the back panel once it's on. I think that having kept the front fans default at the front and there's some holes above the psu it should get decent air flow just from that

I have a Torrent Compact, I too know the struggles of planning ahead. It is a tight case to work with, and satisfying at the same time, especially if everything can close properly 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's