Ubisoft Connect on Microsoft Store

DSD27

I've noticed that unlike Steam, Ubisoft Connect client is already available to install through the Microsoft Store. Is there any advantage in comparison with the traditional installer? Lighter on the system maybe?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

1 minute ago, DSD27 said:

Is there any advantage in comparison with the traditional installer? Lighter on the system maybe?

Not really. Ubisoft Connect has its own updater, it doesnt need to be updated or maintained by a third party.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Not really. Ubisoft Connect has its own updater, it doesnt need to be updated or maintained by a third party.

Hm... So what is the difference of the Windows Store app?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

20 minutes ago, DSD27 said:

Hm... So what is the difference of the Windows Store app?

You don't have the Microsoft store to break your software for you? 

Just my opinion, it just shows how desperate Ubisoft is to try and get anyone to use their store / launcher.  

Seems more trustworthy for people who don’t know any better, maybe?

1 hour ago, johnt said:

Seems more trustworthy for people who don’t know any better, maybe?

I'm not sure it being on an "app store" makes it any more trustworthy honestly. There's a lot of junk on many of the popular app stores out there, that you should NOT install on any device.

Googling Malware on the Microsoft store, brings up plenty of examples like this:

Malware infiltrates Microsoft Store via clones of popular games

The main point is it's not automatically safe being on an app store, and the same precaution's you would normally take when downloading on the web should still apply when downloading from a app store.  Someone who doesn't know better could download a fake ubisoft connect because it's spelled differently if they aren't paying attention.

I remember reading that UWP apps are better because they don't leave and leftovers after uninstallation. And also that Microsoft wants to make everything UWP eventually in the future. Ubisoft are just getting ahead... Epic Games is there too, Discord, nvidia control panel, almost anything these days really. But years ago there used to have differences between the store apps and the traditional installers, some features missing or added.. maybe now it's all the same.