FSR 3.1 with AI support.

EdoTensei

Well, from some time I've been frequently using Chat-GPT 4, and it's actually a great piece of tech. Because, instead of searching, and wasting time to read whole articles to get what I want, it just doing it for me in a second 馃槄.聽

So in my curiosity I asked it about FSR 3.1 and AI, and I got this answer:聽Screenshot_20240411-142105.thumb.png.03e0e6eef364992855bea986bbcd5b55.png

I thought, that AI will be added later, but indeed it suppose to be with FSR 3.1. So it is more excited than I thought.聽

I think this shows a big disconnect people have with these LLM's. If you feed it something, you're going to get back what you asked. Being confidently incorrect and people just believing it is a massive problem.聽

FSR 3.1 is an improvement in temporal upscaling quality but i'm failing to see what "AI" has to do with anything. Can you provide sources? These technologies have utilized machine learning algorithms for some time, but I'm not seeing how this 3.1 update is any different.聽

What do you think "AI" is, exactly?

All the rumours are AMD will be using AI at some point, but I don't think there has been any official confirmation of it.

I definitely don't think its coming in 3.1, given they marketed it as "working on Xbox".

Its actually more impressive they managed to fix some of the issues with FSR without resorting to AI.聽聽 I just hope it also improves upscaling for really low resolutions, as FSR is practically useless on Steam Deck IMO.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I think this shows a big disconnect people have with these LLM's. If you feed it something, you're going to get back what you asked. Being confidently incorrect and people just believing it is a massive problem.聽

FSR 3.1 is an improvement in temporal upscaling quality but i'm failing to see what "AI" has to do with anything. Can you provide sources? These technologies have utilized machine learning algorithms for some time, but I'm not seeing how this 3.1 update is any different.聽

What do you think "AI" is, exactly?

https://www.techpowerup.com/319902/amd-working-on-an-ai-powered-fsr-upscaling-algorithm

here some what Copilot gave me with the answer, but I asked it a bit differently any denied that it will use the same way as Nvidia, at least for now.聽

Chat-GPT seems to be a good thing, but need more specified questions.聽

Also what I mean by AI ?聽

Because RX 7000 have AI accelerators, and AMD said that they working on FSR powered by AI, which may be the same or similar to what DLSS or XeSS.聽

But no, FSR 3.1 won't get AI, just improvements over 3.0 and older, but till AMD won't implement AI onto their upscaler, it won't be as good as DLSS 馃槄