Which CPU should I choose?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 hour ago, Brexy9 said:

ut everyone says the 7900X3D is shit and Im confused as to why

Because while it might be marketed as the best of both worlds, in reality it's a compromise between the two. Because of its two less cores on the cache CCD, the 7900X3D has worse gaming performance than the 7800X3D by a decent margin, and because of its lower clock speeds it has worse productivity performance than the 7900(X). Not to mention the scheduling issues that can show up in weird places do to the way it works being somewhat of a hack.聽

In this scenario, I would argue to just go for the 7900(X). It should be more than enough for most games when paired with the 7800 XT, and you might as well get the bit extra productivity performance for your actual work. As for the -X or the non-X, they're the same CPU so it really doesn't matter (the difference is more or less the stock power limit). The -X is theoretically binned better so you might get further if you try to use the curve optimizer, but the non-X has a stock cooler that you can try to sell for ~$15 on eBay.聽

Hey guys, So I recently got a RX 7800 XT and it's still paired with my old Ryzen 5 3600 and I'm looking to upgrade, but idk what should I get, I don't only game but I'm also a Audio-Video Tech and work hybrid so I need a better CPU for obv reason 馃槃 and I'm puzzled about either getting the 7800X3D, the 7900, 7900X or the 7900X3D since in my country the price is same, but idk what to get? I was thinking the 7900X3D since I guess it's the best of both worlds, For gaming and productivity? But everyone says the 7900X3D is shit and Im confused as to why, even tho its the same price here as the 7800X3D and 7900X/7900. So which one should I get, give me your opinions 馃槃 (Also the apps I use for my job are After Effects, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve Studio and Unity)

1 hour ago, Brexy9 said:

ut everyone says the 7900X3D is shit and Im confused as to why

Because while it might be marketed as the best of both worlds, in reality it's a compromise between the two. Because of its two less cores on the cache CCD, the 7900X3D has worse gaming performance than the 7800X3D by a decent margin, and because of its lower clock speeds it has worse productivity performance than the 7900(X). Not to mention the scheduling issues that can show up in weird places do to the way it works being somewhat of a hack.聽

In this scenario, I would argue to just go for the 7900(X). It should be more than enough for most games when paired with the 7800 XT, and you might as well get the bit extra productivity performance for your actual work. As for the -X or the non-X, they're the same CPU so it really doesn't matter (the difference is more or less the stock power limit). The -X is theoretically binned better so you might get further if you try to use the curve optimizer, but the non-X has a stock cooler that you can try to sell for ~$15 on eBay.聽

15 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you friend, I'll be getting the Ryzen 9 7900 then because of the efficiency, the 7900X at 170w just seems a bit excessive imo. So ill get the 7900 while its still on sale, TY 鉂わ笍