Thunderbolt 2 and Fiber Optic Cable

I use WD MyBook Pro external drives (16TB). Due to their noise, I have them 10m from my computer in my crawl space. I use a Corning Fiber Optic cable to connect to my computer. When I had an iMac, this was no problem. Since connecting to my new Mac Studio via the Apple USB-C to T2 adapter, the Mac Studio keeps burning up my Fiber Optic cable (3x) due to the heat the Mac Studio puts out via its T4 ports ("thermal dumping"?). Any suggestions or guidance how to work around this? Is my only hope to get a T3 (USB-C) Fiber Optic cable and adapt it to the T2 drives closer to the drives themselves? Thank you!

Does the drive also have usb? I'd just get a long usb cable here. USB vs Thunderbolt shouldn't matter speed wise when using HDDS.

Thank you for your suggestion. The problem with USB in this scenario is that I have three drives daisy-chained using T2. I do not believe I would be able to daisy-chain using USB. 

On 4/10/2024 at 6:12 AM, ahall1965 said:

Thank you for your suggestion. The problem with USB in this scenario is that I have three drives daisy-chained using T2. I do not believe I would be able to daisy-chain using USB. 

You could get a USB 3 Hub?