Can you install Macos on anything?

Go to solution Solved by da na,

Yes, you can install Mac back on a Mac.

Hold down Option during boot. Should come up with an option for internet recovery if the system is from after 2007.

If it's older, you would need to burn a CD.

So I've installed windows 10 and Linux mint and I was wondering if the process is easy too for Macos as well?

I've got an old Mac (that's my brothers but he knows what I want to do but I'm asking incase he ever wants it back) that I'm currently running Linux mint on a usb but I want to install it on the macs drive and it seems you can only clean slate it because Linux says no other OS was detected so if I do wipe the drive after ensuing any documents on it are backed up then can I ever get Macos back on it?

I did briefly look on apple's website but I couldn't find it but I do have an issue with stuff in plain sight. 

You can use internet recovery, a program such as Mint to make an install USB for MacOS(you can also do this with an installer download), similar to making one for Linux or Windows. As long as you have a compatible version of the OS that is supported by the Mac in question. You'll need to either install the MacOS version that originally came on the Mac or one that is still supported by it. Apple cuts support for certain Macs so that they won't work with newer versions of MacOS. You can figure out the latest supported version your Mac will work with by looking up the serial number on everymac.com

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |