No POST, Debug LED VGA on

Pikodoku
Go to solution Solved by TatamiMatt,
1 minute ago, Pikodoku said:

The Radoen HD 5750 worked in an old PC like a week ago. I don't know if i broke it in transport yesterday, but i know it worked beforehand. The weird thing is that it isn't detected at all, cus when I tried to boot with it I had the BIOS beeps that indicate a GPU is missing. Sadly the Mainboard can only do a BIOS update in the BIOS 😞

Hmmm, sounding more motherboard issue now, have you tried a full system reseat? As in reseat RAM, CPU, cables, GPU then CMOS reset and try again?

15 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

You dont have a riser to test with? I doubt this would help tbh but could be worth a try if you have one floating about just

Also do you have a closeup image of both the pins on the GPU and the PCIe slot? Might be a bad pinout or slot

I don't have a riser, but made some photos

PXL_20240408_154811017.jpg

PXL_20240408_154745865.jpg

16 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

It should do, theyre both AM4

EDIT: nevermind im wrong, lemme do more googling

EDIT 2: From MSIs B550 tomahawk website; Supports AMD Ryzen™ 5000 & 3000 Series desktop processors (not compatible with AMD Ryzen™ 5 3400G & Ryzen™ 3 3200G) and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series desktop processors

EDIT 3: X570 boards seem to posses a compatible chipset with 2nd gen ryzen but idk if youd want to go that far in the purchasing dept

EDIT 4: B450 boards seem to posses the chipset for 2nd gen and 3rd gen and are able to support 5th gen with a BIOS update though you might need to buy a slightly higher tier for the better VRMs to support 5th Gen

ok so i guess a b450 or x470 board would be the best bet.

Here the photos of the pcie slot they were too large for one reply.

PXL_20240408_154926342.jpg

PXL_20240408_154822498.jpg

On 4/8/2024 at 3:21 PM, TatamiMatt said:

Hmmm, sounding more motherboard issue now, have you tried a full system reseat? As in reseat RAM, CPU, cables, GPU then CMOS reset and try again?

On 4/8/2024 at 3:25 PM, Hellowpplz said:

Maybe try hdmi idk otherwise @TatamiMatt is right it's some kind of motherboard issue. Idk about your radeon 5750 not being detected at all that's weird really leads me to agreee with tatamimatt that it's a broken slot but idk how that wouldve happened.

I got new thermal paste and tried to reseat the CPU but it still didn't work.

Bought a new B450 mainboard with 5th Gen Support and now everything works again!

But thank you both for trying to help! 🙂