thrasher's consols build log

Posted (edited)

dont no if this should be in build logs or console gaming🤔 i guess both or ether or🤷‍♂️

hey this is my build log of hooking up consoles to a tv and the things to do and dont along the way. thing will be update and thing have happen that i didn't take a pic of. but when things are done ill get pics.

consoles:

nes famicom top loader: (with custom svideo/rca cable) svideo not working so its running composite

why a famicom top loader? it has a multi out port. i have 2 dog bone controllers for it one im tying to make wireless with 8bitdo mod kit (battery cable too short...) aslo got a oem nes controller wireless 8bitdo kit with transparent orange buttons. will have 1 wired oem nes controller and dogbone.

has everdrive n8

Snes: (with custom svideo/rca cable) svideo out cable

my snes has a transparent smoke case.

has a wireless 8bitdo snes controller with 8bitdo mod kit as well as wired snes controller with transparent orange buttons

has super everdrive x5

N64: (with custom svideo/rca cable) svideo out cable

has a has a transparent smoke case. but im looking for the fire orange...

atm i have a 8bitdo wireless mod kit in a fire orange n64 controller with steel stick start button and 8bitdo joystick

also have an orange n64 controller with steel stick mod joystick

has everdrive 64 x5

gamecube: (with custom svideo/rca cable) svideo out cable but might switch it to hdmi🤷‍♂️ dont no yet

i have a orange gamecube swapped for English as well as an icedcube transparent orange gamecube that i think it can do component? it came with a scart cable but i dont no...

i want to do mods to it like i got a 50mm fan for it.

have a transparent orange wired controller and a orange shell swapped waive bird witch i need to cut slots in to still and swap the reserve shell over.

i do have a media cd so sd card reading for a few emulators but meh.

Sega genesis model 1 non hi def : with 75 Ohm Gold Plated AV Cable 4 Sega Genesis Model 2 + Model 1 Adapter, Retro Frog running composite might be an svideo out there i dont no🤷‍♂️

got a wireless 8bitdo controller and a few wired controllers

want to get the smoke shell for it but its costly...

has mega ever drive

Ps micro: with oem svideo cable

have a brook wingman ps2 convertor to use my transparent orange ps3 controller i think not tested yet.

i no there is a orange shell for the og ps but also cost alot atm

Ps2: fat with hd component cable

i have a transparent orange case but that system was broken and i gambled for a working one but got the wrong model...🤷‍♂️ so ill have to buy another one... i got the better quality one thow so...

i also have a ps2 slim also with a transparent orange shell but that too is broken and wrong model...🤦‍♂️

also have a transparent orange wired controller

og xbox the first xbox: a cheap component for now looks like there 2 good cable to buy but cost a bit but they all cost a bit so...

has transparent orange shell

no other mods done to it

got a brook wingman xb2 with usb adapter to use a wireless controller with it what atm dont no.

ya i no there a transparent orange controller dont no if ill find one...

Wii: got a oem component cable for it

it has a clear shell one it as well as a mod chip the wood thing w/e it was called...

also have a black one i might play around with mods on it.

i have a clear wii mote and an orange wii mote also have a oem orange rubber bumper for it...

wiiu: hdmi

i have a clear wii mote and an orange wii mote also have a oem orange rubber bumper for it...

yellow metal cover for the pad

xbox 360: hdmi

have a orange shell controller

i do have a water block for it...

switch: hdmi

have 2 transparent orange controllers and was putting in rgb...witch is a pita... dont recommend it. joy sticks are broken 🤷‍♂️

also have a transparent orange back cover

got a HomeSpot TV Dock with Ethernet dock but its wired how it works so might change it out. i was looking at this one but dont no

switch light gray:

got a charging dock for it also got a transparent orange shell for it but its alot of work to swap it over so some day i might do it... involves removing the screen with a heat gun (witch i have)

tv: curtis svideo,2 component, 2 composite, vga, hdmi

would like to find a crt tv.

i was going to hook everything thow a ossc but it added alot of distortion to the sviseo making it look like composite so that was a wast of moeny. i want a retro tink 5x or 4k but ya there vary costly but im in this deep right...

you can buy retro tink 2x with muilty out and it will work with the nes,snes,n64 and gamecube with no lag but that $200 each and there like imposable to fine now... but that would have been the best way if you want to use the original console. there are hdmi nes and snes and i think genisies but there vary costly but so its buying cable so buying/moding a console so...🤷‍♂️ imo a mini nes,snes,genices,ps is the way to go thow they cost a bit these days too and the fakes... eon made an adapter to hdmi for the og xboxs but it made it too dark so might be a new gen? but they too cost like $200

most consoles can be modded for rgb or hdmi but they too cost a bit. and its a waiting game on ebay looking for a deal.

original plan was to put all the consoles in 2 server racks and use hdmi cable to an auto switcher but the cable are junk and add way too much input lag so a wast for $200. building in the server rack also became a pita as ow there alot of cables so i just got shelves.

today i got a Kramer 8x8 S-Video Audio Matrix Switcher VS-808YC seems to work except for the nes...

still need a way of hooking all the audio up.

for the component its hooked up to 2 extron sw4 aw witch im looking to get a 8 or 16 crosspoint that can also do audio but it works for now.

for composite its hooked to an sima svs 4d my nes and sega genesis for now also has 4 svideo but dose not look vary good i think its dying... 

i have a legend le316r (with box) witch works with svideo and 2 component but only has 4 svideo

myTouchSmart Wireless Programmable Outdoor/Indoor Digital Timer with Remote for power on and off only works with one per house any more would get you more remotes and base but will be on the same timer...

for power atm i just have a big TROND Surge Protector Power Bar but i want to have on/off power for each console so im looking at something like this.

some pics are old and need updating. dreamcast is sold...

8bitdo Sn30 2.4g smoke
8bitdo Pro 2 Bluetooth smoke
orange spice gamecube controller with transparent black buttons
gray switch lite
wii classic pro
monster hunter wii classic (would like a black one)
nes shooter gray and orange
transparent orange gamecube controller with transparent black buttons
snes with transparent orange buttons
ps3 duel shock 3 with transparent orange shell swap
transparent orange dreamcast
sega genesis turbo
orange n64 with steel stick oem joystic black top
orange shell 360 controller
orange rubber wiiu game pad also have a yellow hard shell for it
braws transparent orange n64 controller
transparent orange pelican gamecube
switch pro witch orange shell swap
nes with transparent orange buttons (one wireless with 8bitdo mod kit)
transparent orange ps2
transparent orange n64 with steel stick star button v3 joystick (atm has 8bitdo mod kit with joysick)
joycon switch orange shell broken joysticks
black wii numchuck orange shell orange gc c stick
poofesure orange wii controller (youtuber rager...)
orange shell swap wavebird with transparent black buttons
orange ps3 dule shock 3

no pic yet:
orange nyxi wizard

nes dogbone

c2.png

tv setup witch server rack
gray switch lite
transparent orange dreamcast vmu
transparent orange wii shell
orange gc wavebired receiver
transparent orange icedcube gamecube
orange dsi
orange wii rubber
wiiu pad with orange rubber
orange dsi case
cheap wii orange rubber
switch with orange joycons
smoke gamecube memory card
clear wii shell with mod chip wood
ps2 slim orange shell (wrong model)
transparent orange switch lite shell

concolsorangeupdate.png

DSCF1326.JPG

DSCF1457.JPG

gc 001.jpg

systems 001.jpg

systems 002.jpg

systems 003.jpg

systems 005.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links