Proxy setup for rent?

hocab21922

Hey, there guys, not sure if this is the correct sub forum to ask this, but it looked the most in line with what questions I have.

So I am thinking about making proxies from my internet and splitting them up to rent to private people, how would one go about this or even start? any tutorials? anything would be hugely appreciated 🙂

I got 500/500 for upload and download if that gives something to work it, thanks.

38 minutes ago, hocab21922 said:

Hey, there guys, not sure if this is the correct sub forum to ask this, but it looked the most in line with what questions I have.

So I am thinking about making proxies from my internet and splitting them up to rent to private people, how would one go about this or even start? any tutorials? anything would be hugely appreciated 🙂

I got 500/500 for upload and download if that gives something to work it, thanks.

That's typically against the terms of service on residential Internet plans. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

27 minutes ago, hocab21922 said:

You start by thinking it through, specifically the legal implications.

- Does you contract with the ISP allow you to do so?

- Depending on where you live, do you need to register a business / pay taxes?

- What if one or more of your clients uses it for illegal stuff, and it traces back to you?
And soon enough you should come to a conclusion that it isn't worth it.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

6 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

You start by thinking it through, specifically the legal implications.

- Does you contract with the ISP allow you to do so?

- Depending on where you live, do you need to register a business / pay taxes?

- What if one or more of your clients uses it for illegal stuff, and it traces back to you?
And soon enough you should come to a conclusion that it isn't worth it.

I'm guessing no one will be able to help me here, assuming we ignore all the ''legality'' stuff? If yes then can I at least get an answer on whetever it's possible to do so on ISP plan and how many proxies can i be looking at with 500/500 I ask nothing more

3 minutes ago, hocab21922 said:

assuming we ignore all the ''legality'' stuff?

from the community standards:

Any illegal content or discussion on engaging in illegal activities is not permitted. Canadian law applies, as well as any jurisdictions that apply to you.

we're not *that* sort of forum.

5 minutes ago, hocab21922 said:

If yes then can I at least get an answer on whetever it's possible to do so on ISP plan and how many proxies can i be looking at with 500/500 I ask nothing more

it's possible, but most likely against the ISP's terms, and will put you in a lot of legal hot water if a user of said proxies uses them for illegal activities, or if the tax man wants a share of your profits.

as for how many.. well.. infinite? you didnt specify how fast you want them to go.

you get these blunt answers because the way you ask the question implies you have no idea what you're in for, so it's best to just *not*.

oh.. and i'll finish this off with my usual ramble that i tend to stick in threads about game server hosting:

"anything intended for people outside your direct friends belongs in a datacenter. essentially the only people you should home-host for is people you'd have over for a barbecue."

50 minutes ago, hocab21922 said:

I'm guessing no one will be able to help me here, assuming we ignore all the ''legality'' stuff?

We will not be ignoring "the legality stuff" here.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

31 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

We will not be ignoring "the legality stuff" here.

Well actually we can ignore the legal stuff. Let me start by asking OP the following questions:

What are your Terms of Service for the service and how will you enforce them?

How will you accept payment and store user information securely?

How will you create accounts for your users that sign up?

How will you ensure users aren't doing anything illegal that would get YOU in trouble?

What sort of service level agreement will you offer if any for uptime of the service?

How often will you charge users?

What sort of protections will you have in place to protect user data and privacy?

Will you have an agreement with your ISP to allow hosting of services? If so how will you prevent DDoS attacks?

How will you protect yourself and others from nefarious individuals who might be looking to steal payment information, login credentials, etc?

What sort of equipment will you be using to host this proxy service and can you host it in such a way as to prevent downtime during updates?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

33 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Well actually we can ignore the legal stuff. Let me start by asking OP the following questions:

What are your Terms of Service for the service and how will you enforce them?

How will you accept payment and store user information securely?

How will you create accounts for your users that sign up?

How will you ensure users aren't doing anything illegal that would get YOU in trouble?

What sort of service level agreement will you offer if any for uptime of the service?

How often will you charge users?

What sort of protections will you have in place to protect user data and privacy?

Will you have an agreement with your ISP to allow hosting of services? If so how will you prevent DDoS attacks?

How will you protect yourself and others from nefarious individuals who might be looking to steal payment information, login credentials, etc?

What sort of equipment will you be using to host this proxy service and can you host it in such a way as to prevent downtime during updates?

advertised on forums and user does what user wants to do, that's none of my business I'll just act as an middleman, if any illegal stuff will be done, I will be in no way informed of it, let's say I say for legal reasons I do not allow such stuff to be done, but if they do or not will not be my problem anymore I've already said I don't allow it.

Will be primary use for Old school runescape bots.

4 hours ago, hocab21922 said:

advertised on forums and user does what user wants to do, that's none of my business I'll just act as an middleman, if any illegal stuff will be done, I will be in no way informed of it, let's say I say for legal reasons I do not allow such stuff to be done, but if they do or not will not be my problem anymore I've already said I don't allow it.

Will be primary use for Old school runescape bots.

Saying "I don't allow it" and the police knocking at your door and you telling them "well I said not to do x,y,z" and expecting them to walk away are completely different things. The police do not care, you will be on the hook for any illegal activities, full stop.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Also, you have a SINGLE public IP address. Jagex will detect the bots and ban your IP, then your service is useless.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: