New Prebuild for my friend

Budget (including currency): 800-1200€(read text)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dragons Dogma 2, Baldurs Gate 3, RoboCop Rogue City.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So my is looking for a new prebuild, he wants to play the games listed in 1080p 60hz and doesnt care too much about graphics. However he doesnt want it to look total dogshit obviously.

I now thats its smarter money wise to assemble yourself etc, But he doesnt want to and likely doesnt want someone else to assemble it either, so we have to get a prebuild. I know a tiny bit about computers, but im wondering what combo he should go for in terms of GPU and CPU, my questions are:

What combo should he go for in that price range? 4060 and 7600x? rx 7600 and I5 etc?( I know older gen GPU might be better value, however the prebuilts are often with current gen+ he refuses to buy used parts)

Is it worth to overspend on the CPU, like a ryzen 7 instead of 5 so that its easier to upgrade in the future? We are too afraid to change the CPU but we can change the GPU for upgrades later

You do NOT need ryzen 7 for gaming, both R5 7600 and 7500f are a sweet spot for mid range to higher end builds, and would be pretty good with like a 7600xt, and it would be pretty future proof because of the 16GB of VRAM. But if you are buying a prebuilt, do NOT buy it from a big company like dell etc., because they always cheap out on parts that people overlook, like the PSU, ram, and especially motherboard, so if you can't convince him to build a pc himself, get it from some company that assembled the pc's themselves, from retail parts

25 minutes ago, MiszS said:

You do NOT need ryzen 7 for gaming, both R5 7600 and 7500f are a sweet spot for mid range to higher end builds, and would be pretty good with like a 7600xt, and it would be pretty future proof because of the 16GB of VRAM. But if you are buying a prebuilt, do NOT buy it from a big company like dell etc., because they always cheap out on parts that people overlook, like the PSU, ram, and especially motherboard, so if you can't convince him to build a pc himself, get it from some company that assembled the pc's themselves, from retail parts

Okay. So there is no point getting a ryzen 7 even if its to make the pc more future proof(we won't be changing the CPU)?

Good point on the big companies, thankfully i can convince that he its better to do like you say and get it from a company that uses retail parts :)

6 minutes ago, autoassignedusername said:

Okay. So there is no point getting a ryzen 7 even if its to make the pc more future proof(we won't be changing the CPU)?

Good point on the big companies, thankfully i can convince that he its better to do like you say and get it from a company that uses retail parts 🙂

Ryzen 7 7800X3D will be a bit better because of the 3D cache, but you will get more perfomance just buying a better gpu for the extra 200$. It's also a good idea to upgrade in the future, because AM5 will have a pretty good support, so in a few years he could get a new CPU and GPU, which will have basically the same perfomance as a brand new pc, just way cheaper

24 minutes ago, MiszS said:

Ryzen 7 7800X3D will be a bit better because of the 3D cache, but you will get more perfomance just buying a better gpu for the extra 200$. It's also a good idea to upgrade in the future, because AM5 will have a pretty good support, so in a few years he could get a new CPU and GPU, which will have basically the same perfomance as a brand new pc, just way cheaper

Assuming he goes with a ryzen 7600x/f. Is it worth to spend more on a better GPU? Would the upgrade to a 7700/xt or 4060 ti/4070 be worth it? i've heard both those gens of GPU's are quite bad value

1 minute ago, autoassignedusername said:

Assuming he goes with a ryzen 7600x/f. Is it worth to spend more on a better GPU? Would the upgrade to a 7700/xt or 4060 ti/4070 be worth it? i've heard both those gens of GPU's are quite bad value

all depends on how powerfull he wants the pc to be, because the games your friend plays aren't that demanding, and this is the best value card for this budget, because the 7700xt literally has LESS vram, and nvidia gpus are trash value as always. If you will get a better gpu, the 7800xt is the best choice, because it's cheaper than a 4070 while being better, and having more vram

43 minutes ago, MiszS said:

all depends on how powerfull he wants the pc to be, because the games your friend plays aren't that demanding, and this is the best value card for this budget, because the 7700xt literally has LESS vram, and nvidia gpus are trash value as always. If you will get a better gpu, the 7800xt is the best choice, because it's cheaper than a 4070 while being better, and having more vram

i've found 2 systems now. 

system 1:

R5 7500f

wraith stealth

16gb ddr5

rx 7600 xt 16gb

Price: $1077

system 2:

R5 7600

Peerless Assasin 120 se

16gb ddr5

rx 7600 8gb or 4060 8gb(the rx is $35 cheaper)

Price: $1014

What would you choose?

Of course the first one, buying an 8GB gpu system for that price is a joke. Though the first system has a worse cooler, so you might want to upgrade it later if the temps are high, it's really easy, and upgrade the RAM when you buy it, because 16GB might not be enough for some games, and it's really not expensive