Will the corsair H60 liquid cooler keep my OC CPU cool?

Can the Corsair H60 liquid cooler keep my overclocked CPU at a reasonable temp or should I be looking at the H100i? But I'm trying to save some money though.

What is your CPU and how much have you overclocked it?

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

Depends what clock your running the CPU at and also what CPU you are currently using.

Depends what clock your running the CPU at and also what CPU you are currently using.

My question exactly :) We can't help him without any details on his system.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

My question exactly :) We can't help him without any details on his system.

My CPU is overclocked to 4.2ghz I already have a hyper 212 evo keeping it cool but I'm building a new system for a friend and he wants a liquid cooler for his 3570K and he plans to overclock

The h60 is not really for overclocking. Watercooling is not magic sir, the coolant just transfers the heat to the slab of metal. The h60 is a very small slab of metal.

The h60 is not really for overclocking. Watercooling is not magic sir, the coolant just transfers the heat to the slab of metal. The h60 is a very small slab of metal.

So should I go for a H90 or a H110?

Why not go for something like the XSPC RASA kit and build yourself a proper watercooling loop, with options to expand to doing other area's later?

Why not go for something like the XSPC RASA kit and build yourself a proper watercooling loop, with options to expand to doing other area's later?

The thing with a real watercooling loop is that you need to take care of it every couple months and it can lead to problems. If his friend isn't going to build the computer himself, there is no point for him to have a custom waterloop as I am assuming he won't know how to take care of it or want to spend the time to take care of it.

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

The thing with a real watercooling loop is that you need to take care of it every couple months and it can lead to problems. If his friend isn't going to build the computer himself, there is no point for him to have a custom waterloop as I am assuming he won't know how to take care of it or want to spend the time to take care of it.

Couple of months? Loops can last for around a year if you have the right fluid in it.

Besides, "taking care of it" is one of the funnest things to do! Does everyone not like to tinker? 

If he can't build a pc himself then an aircooler may be a better option? it's got less points of failure.

If going watercooler then h80i is better than the h90 because 140mm fan choices are worse.

Couple of months? Loops can last for around a year if you have the right fluid in it.

Besides, "taking care of it" is one of the funnest things to do! Does everyone not like to tinker?

You have to be aware that his friend might not be wanting a loop that he has to do that with. Some people just like a computer that works and they can upgrade after a while and not have to worry about something like part of a loop failing or some other problem. Watercooling is not for everyone.

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

If he can't build a pc himself then an aircooler may be a better option? it's got less points of failure.

If going watercooler then h80i is better than the h90 because 140mm fan choices are worse.

I watch a comparsion by Linus tech tips comparing some corsair liquid coolers and the H90 preformed better than the H80i if I can remember clearly.