D30's just killed another fan header :(

NorKris
1 hour ago, NorKris said:

fair but its been pointed out in the thread already that 3 of them is fine 

If he didn't know that the rated amps is .2A (not sure if the safety is the same or different since I have come across fans where rated and safety are different), that explains the use of may. 

the 4 wires is split into 
 12v and ground -> psu

pwm and rpm -> to the cmd pro port

the port has some read RPM issues + 12v is dead

So the hub is damaged... or the wires/ connectors are. Unless.... human error caused the damage.  😉

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

Unless.... human error caused the damage.  😉

now we are getting somwhere 😛 

the port can now only give 4-5v for some reason 🤪 a few fans i tried can spin at 500 rpm with that   hehe

now we are getting somwhere 😛 

the port can now only give 4-5v for some reason 🤪 a few fans i tried can spin at 500 rpm with that   hehe

Yeah, but which human? Did someone sabotage your hubs... or did you? 😆 😜 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

3 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Yeah, but which human? Did someone sabotage your hubs... or did you? 😆 😜 

CmD pro is technically not and hub, its a controller 😛 🤪

47 minutes ago, NorKris said:

CmD pro is technically not and hub, its a controller 😛 🤪

We've had this discussion before, Kris. Some companies do not care about the difference between a hub and a controller. Remember?

2 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

We've had this discussion before, Kris. Some companies do not care about the difference between a hub and a controller. Remember?

true, but WE do 😄 

4 minutes ago, NorKris said:

true, but WE do 😄 

Hub is a lot shorter than controller. 😉