Are AMD RX 7900 GRE Reference models any good?

Brexy9
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

They compare the Sapphire Nitro+ (the better version of the Pulse) to the Reference card for general performance. The custom cards are quite a bit better, to the point where in some instances a custom 7800XT outperforms the GRE. I'd avoid the reference cards if you can unless you really like the look of them. 

I've been wanting to pick up either a 7800XT or a RX 7900 GRE since the price is so similar, the RX 7800 XT Im looking at is a XFX QICK model but the only 7900 GRE close in price is the Sapphire Pulse (which I dont like the look of quite frankly but is still an option ig) or the Reference model but Ive seen mixed reviews on the refrence model even tho it looks beautiful im skeptical of the noise/temps id get

They compare the Sapphire Nitro+ (the better version of the Pulse) to the Reference card for general performance. The custom cards are quite a bit better, to the point where in some instances a custom 7800XT outperforms the GRE. I'd avoid the reference cards if you can unless you really like the look of them. 

Honestly at the pricepoint of the GRE?  I'd get a 4070 Super.

Very close in raster, and better other features. 

I'd take the Sapphire Pulse 7900 GRE for that free barrel of fine wine that came early. Sorry green team (I own a 4070S myself)

On 4/6/2024 at 5:26 AM, tkitch said:

Honestly at the pricepoint of the GRE?  I'd get a 4070 Super.

Very close in raster, and better other features. 

I'd get the 4070 Super too but I'm in Europe and here the price is quite bad for it, the 7900 GRE can be picked up for 575 euros while the 4070 Super is almost 700 euros, which is wayyy too much for a mid range GPU, so I'll just get a Qick 7900 GRE or Hellhound, I'll see when it's time to buy it soon (also I don't think I'd get Nvidia ever again since they're greedy bastards, so they need to learn their lesson like Intel did 🙂 )

Sapphire usually have a very good reputation for build quality, so at least it has that going for it.

It would be the one I would get if I hadn't already saddled myself with a 4070 Super.

Otherwise the 7800xt have come down in prices?

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)