Is the temperature sensor for a battery in the battery or the phone?

Go to solution Solved by da na,

Almost always, the temperature sensor is integrated onto what it senses. True for processors, video cards, laptop batteries, and in this case, phone batteries. There's a good deal of circuitry inside the phone battery itself, hence why it has like 8 connectors that plug into the phone rather than just two wires for positive and negative.

I find myself with a malfunctioning temperature sensor on my battery (reporting the temperature -35 or so °c lower than real temp). I need to know if this is a sensor inside the battery itself, and therefore easily fixable by replacing the battery, or if it's a sensor soldered on somewhere and therefore in need of service by someone more skilled than me. I would prefer to fix this myself but I admit I don't have the equipment nor skill to replace something integrated onto an soc.

(In case it's important all other temperature sensors are fine)

Almost always, the temperature sensor is integrated onto what it senses. True for processors, video cards, laptop batteries, and in this case, phone batteries. There's a good deal of circuitry inside the phone battery itself, hence why it has like 8 connectors that plug into the phone rather than just two wires for positive and negative.

1 hour ago, Bailey_Dasis said:

I find myself with a malfunctioning temperature sensor on my battery (reporting the temperature -35 or so °c lower than real temp). I need to know if this is a sensor inside the battery itself, and therefore easily fixable by replacing the battery, or if it's a sensor soldered on somewhere and therefore in need of service by someone more skilled than me. I would prefer to fix this myself but I admit I don't have the equipment nor skill to replace something integrated onto an soc.

(In case it's important all other temperature sensors are fine)

I had a similar issue with a phone after it was left in the car overnight when it was extremely cold, it eventually fixed itself after a few hours of being in a warm environment.