Speaker bleeping with 3 slow for bad memory

Go to solution Solved by Echothedolpin,
2 hours ago, Doggo lover said:

You were right!, just checked the board manual (DG41TX) and sure enough, maximum of 4GB. Well that's unfortunate, but atleast I'm not tearing my hair out anymore.

Sorry about that brother, yup, ddr3 covered a really wide range of boards and cpu gens. Some of those early ones, especially business sector ones were really feature desolate.

I have an old Intel motherboard from 200 years ago, and OEM build. Is there any way I can unbind the memory from the motherboard so i can use memory that wasn't the stuff it shipped with. It shipped with 4 gigs of ddr 3, I'm trying to upgrade it to 8, maybe 16 gigs. I think it's an OEM lock because none of the other ddr3 i have will play ball. It's a Stone group computer.

Thanks~

The dog.

what are the spec if not wanna give the info just add sever ram no ecc version and have fun 32 bit will only let you have 2 or 8gb total and a agp will use the rest. same with on board video will use the rest of the ram !!! 64 bit will use 32gb total and a real graphics 2gb card will work fine or a 4 gb video card of some sort !!!

9 hours ago, scruffballz_86 said:

what are the spec if not wanna give the info just add sever ram no ecc version and have fun 32 bit will only let you have 2 or 8gb total and a agp will use the rest. same with on board video will use the rest of the ram !!! 64 bit will use 32gb total and a real graphics 2gb card will work fine or a 4 gb video card of some sort !!!

It's a old core two duo, with an intel desktop board 01. I think they are both from around 2009 / 2010. It has 2 DIMM slots, both populated with Kingston 2GB DDR3 DIMMS, I tried to find info about frequency but without booting it into something with a gui I can't find anything on the sticks themselvs, I'll take a look in the BIOS when I get it booted up again later. I don't think it's ECC ram, because it is a standard pretty cheap workstation. 

Could be the board doesn’t support more than 2gb dimms. Even HEDT boards released a few years later only supported 4GB max.

What model is the board?

1 hour ago, Echothedolpin said:

Could be the board doesn’t support more than 2gb dimms. Even HEDT boards released a few years later only supported 4GB max.

What model is the board?

You were right!, just checked the board manual (DG41TX) and sure enough, maximum of 4GB. Well that's unfortunate, but atleast I'm not tearing my hair out anymore.

2 hours ago, Doggo lover said:

Sorry about that brother, yup, ddr3 covered a really wide range of boards and cpu gens. Some of those early ones, especially business sector ones were really feature desolate.