PC keeps making buzzing sounds every couple of seconds

Gapi

It just keeps buzzing, it's driving me insane. I can't figure out where it's coming from, I tried turning off all the fans to see where it's coming from but it never stopped. I included an audio recording of it in the post. You can't hear it here, but it makes a very slight squeaking sound right before buzzing. The buzzing sometimes stops, or gets less frequent but I always hear the squeaks in the exact sequence as the buzzing is at it's most frequent. 

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how I can fix this/figure out where it's coming from. I suspect it's the GPU but I really can't tell. Also parts list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/w7ng34

Maybe the PSU fan? can open the case side panel and move around to hear where the noise is loudest

26 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

Maybe the PSU fan? can open the case side panel and move around to hear where the noise is loudest

I cannot tell for the life of me. I tried listening for it but I just can't tell if it's louder or not. Also it conveniently got a lot less frequent right now so I had to wait a while to even hear it. There's certainly not anything blocking the psu fan. But there is noticeable static noise coming from it so it very well could be a bit faulty. 

1 hour ago, Gapi said:

It just keeps buzzing, it's driving me insane. I can't figure out where it's coming from, I tried turning off all the fans to see where it's coming from but it never stopped. I included an audio recording of it in the post. You can't hear it here, but it makes a very slight squeaking sound right before buzzing. The buzzing sometimes stops, or gets less frequent but I always hear the squeaks in the exact sequence as the buzzing is at it's most frequent. 

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how I can fix this/figure out where it's coming from. I suspect it's the GPU but I really can't tell. Also parts list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/w7ng34

Hold a paper towel cardboard tube up to every part and the other end at your ear, it will be very loud when you place the roll on the correct part

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

On 4/5/2024 at 11:37 PM, PowerPCFan said:

Hold a paper towel cardboard tube up to every part and the other end at your ear, it will be very loud when you place the roll on the correct part

I found that it's coming from the GPU. It stops buzzing whenever I turn off the GPU fans (I guess I didn't turn them off properly last time). But the sequential chirping/squeaking noise keeps coming from the gpu, even with the fans off. 

2 hours ago, Gapi said:

I found that it's coming from the GPU. It stops buzzing whenever I turn off the GPU fans (I guess I didn't turn them off properly last time). But the sequential chirping/squeaking noise keeps coming from the gpu, even with the fans off. 

Could be coil whine... 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx