AIO lights flickering and fans ramping up and down

Hey so I just built my new pc but the AIO is not working correctly, when the AIO is plugged into the 9 pin usb into the motherboard the fans are constantly ramping up and and down, and the lights are flickering if I unplug it from the 9 pin usb the fan speeds seems normal but no lights at all.
Motherboard: ASROCK B650M
Cooler: Lian Li GALAHAD II 240 Trinity AIO
The fans from the cooler are plugged into the AIO itself which is plugged into the cpu fan 2/w pump header on the motherboard. I've attached a video of the behaviour. 

plug the AIO into the AIO fan header. or chassis/waterpump. and use software to regulate pump/fan speed. 

CPU headers are usually controlled by the CPU temp directly and will ramp up and down constantly.. 

you might have to disable cpu fan header to avoid an error msg. 

11 minutes ago, Robchil said:

plug the AIO into the AIO fan header. or chassis/waterpump. and use software to regulate pump/fan speed. 

CPU headers are usually controlled by the CPU temp directly and will ramp up and down constantly.. 

you might have to disable cpu fan header to avoid an error msg. 

Currently the AIO 4 pin is connected to as the motherboard manual describes CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector and set that in bios to w_pump is that not correct?

15 minutes ago, InVictus21 said:

Currently the AIO 4 pin is connected to as the motherboard manual describes CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector and set that in bios to w_pump is that not correct?

That is the correct header, if all hardware connections are proper, this is going to be due to software.

The Lian Li AIOs are controlled by the L-Connect software, if you have not installed it yet and setup the AIO in the software it will have behaviors such as what you are experiencing. Do you have L-Connect 3 installed and setup already? If not, you can install it from the link below.

https://lian-li.com/l-connect3/

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 minutes ago, InVictus21 said:

i think it is correct one if you don't mind the fan's to go up and down like a JoJo automatically.. it's a lian li product so download the software anyway, and use it to control your AIO..  

personally i don't use cpu fan headers since they are locked to the cpu temperature usually. 

chassis fan headers can usually be changed to another temperature sensor. 

my old board came with a 2 pin external temp sensor header, and temp sensor.

i used the sensor header for a water temp sensor on my custom water build.. but you can put the external sensor into your radiator around the outlet where it is coolest to capture current water temp going into your cpu block and regulate fan curve after that. 

5 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

That is the correct header, if all hardware connections are proper, this is going to be due to software.

The Lian Li AIOs are controlled by the L-Connect software, if you have not installed it yet and setup the AIO in the software it will have behaviors such as what you are experiencing. Do you have L-Connect 3 installed and setup already? If not, you can install it from the link below.

https://lian-li.com/l-connect3/

So I've downloaded the software and see no way to to change anything for the AIO? I also see that the software is saying that the cpu fan speed is 0 rpm's while clearly being not so in reality, does this mean that the cooler isn't correctly or fully connected and not working correctly for that reason?image.thumb.png.23f80686248144fd3202bd83b2a9f788.png

image.thumb.png.a8d4ea610a25a6ae057ffdf62ba355ca.png

32 minutes ago, InVictus21 said:

So I've downloaded the software and see no way to to change anything for the AIO? I also see that the software is saying that the cpu fan speed is 0 rpm's while clearly being not so in reality, does this mean that the cooler isn't correctly or fully connected and not working correctly for that reason?

If it's not showing up in L-Connect it's not properly plugged in. I'd refer to the AIOs manual to make sure it's correctly connected with the right cables.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

16 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If it's not showing up in L-Connect it's not properly plugged in. I'd refer to the AIOs manual to make sure it's correctly connected with the right cables.

Okay so I did a few things, looked at the AIO manual again and double checked that everything is connected where it's supposed to be, I also tried running it without all the fan passthroughs just the aio but the same issue persists, if the usb 9 pin is connected, the rgb is flickering and the fans are constantly ramping up and down, if the 9 pin is disconnected the fans are going at a normal consistent speed but no rgb. At this point could it be a faulty AIO?

56 minutes ago, InVictus21 said:

Okay so I did a few things, looked at the AIO manual again and double checked that everything is connected where it's supposed to be, I also tried running it without all the fan passthroughs just the aio but the same issue persists, if the usb 9 pin is connected, the rgb is flickering and the fans are constantly ramping up and down, if the 9 pin is disconnected the fans are going at a normal consistent speed but no rgb. At this point could it be a faulty AIO?

did you check for updates?  or reboot after install of l-connect? 

did you connect the argb cable properly?.. are the connectors properly seated? 

did you install both x86 and x64 versions of visual c++ redistrobutable installs?  links are just above the download for l-connect. 

have you been able to find any fix for it? i did all the same things as you, downloaded Lconnect 3, updated bios, all the cables are correct, i can control the rgb through armory crate but thats about it, they still flicker and the fans still spur up. i have both x64 and x86 installed before hand and I attempted to manually download the update file and still nothing. its been a few days for me now

On 4/6/2024 at 7:34 PM, Robchil said:

did you check for updates?  or reboot after install of l-connect? 

did you connect the argb cable properly?.. are the connectors properly seated? 

did you install both x86 and x64 versions of visual c++ redistrobutable installs?  links are just above the download for l-connect. 

Yes I've downloaded all the c++ installs on the lian li page, I've gone through all the connectors to check if they're seated properly multiple times now. Nothing seems to work.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:52 AM, Hectology said:

have you been able to find any fix for it? i did all the same things as you, downloaded Lconnect 3, updated bios, all the cables are correct, i can control the rgb through armory crate but thats about it, they still flicker and the fans still spur up. i have both x64 and x86 installed before hand and I attempted to manually download the update file and still nothing. its been a few days for me now

Hey I'm yet to find a fix for this. Let me know if you do though.