How to play RL (from the EG launcher) with joycons?

asheenlevrai

Hey 馃檪

I'm playing Rocket League from the Epic Games launcher (I never used steam and I'm not familiar with it).

I use an xbox controller connected to my PC via USB.

I'd like to play with a friend locally (split screen) but I don't have a 2nd xbox controller.

We have a pair of joycons and they are successfully connected to the PC via bluetooth.

However, I cannot find how to use the joycons on RL (either for player 1 nor for player 2).

Google tells me that I should play RL through steam in order to use joycons in the game.

Is there any way to achieve this without using steam? I mean I have nothing against steam but I'd like to keep things as simple as possible.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,

-a-

You should just need a controller mapper. there are a ton out there (reWASD, XMapper, etc.), look through them and figure out which suits your needs, then go for it.聽

5950X/3080Ti primary rig聽 |聽 1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers聽 |聽 200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

16 hours ago, OddOod said:

You should just need a controller mapper. there are a ton out there (reWASD, XMapper, etc.), look through them and figure out which suits your needs, then go for it.聽

Thanks a lot 馃檪

reWASD in not free. If possible I'd like to use a free tool.

XMapper: do you mean Xpadder (also not free)? Google didn't show me anything useful for XMapper, but that could be just me being an idiot.

Also, it seem like my problem may lie (also) elsewhere...

I cannot seem to figure out how to play RL in local 2 players (split screen) at all.

Even if I want player 1 to use the xbox gamepad and player 2 to use MnK, it seems like both control player 1 and I cannot enable player 2.

Excuse my ignorance.

Thanks a lot for your help 馃檪 Now we can enjoy splitscreen 2players on RL :)))

I ended up using BetterJoy rather than try XJoy. Your post about XJoy reminded me of BetterJoy that I was using years ago for a different purpose.

XJoy devs mention that it has issues with analog controls but I didn't try it so cannot know to what extent it is a problem.

BetterJoy is EOL (as well as the required VIGEmBus driver) and many report problems with Windows 11. However, so far it seems to work OK for me. I installed the latest VIGEmBus (v.1.22.0) rather than the one bundled with BetterJoy 7.1, though. Maybe that helps.

EDIT: I spoke too fast. I experience too many disconnections of the controller when using betterjoy on Win11. I'll try Xjoy and see if it work better.

It seems like the latest release of Xjoy is even older (2019) than Betterjoy (2021). And it's also based on VIGEmBus. I doubt it would work better than betterjoy, right?