Best Xeon 2011-3 CPU For Gaming x99 Motherboard?

I am trying to buy an ultra budget pc. I am not worried about upgradability.

I am strictly wondering what Xeon cpu is best for gaming. My budget is nothing over 20.

I thought about an i7 5th or 6th gen but can't seem to find any for a good price.

I purchased a machinist x99 motherboard off aliexpress for 34 dollars and coulve purchased a xeon 2650 v4 for another 4 dollars. \

A Xeon E5-1650 v4, E5-1680 v4, or E5-2667 v4 would get you some of the highest clock speeds on 6 or 8 cores.

There are some CPUs with much higher core counts, but they have much lower top speeds in order to stay in a reasonable power and TDP budget. Those three CPUs are the best performance per thread VS thread count balance I found from tinkering with servers and workstations of that era.

Whatever you get, populate at least four DIMMs so you can take advantage of quad-channel memory. Old registered ECC server memory is pretty cheap.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

personally i also used a 2680V4 for gaming once, but performance wise it's definitely not the best. i agree with the post above that you should be looking for high clockspeed over high corecount.

19 hours ago, RollinLower said:

personally i also used a 2680V4 for gaming once, but performance wise it's definitely not the best. i agree with the post above that you should be looking for high clockspeed over high corecount.

What gpu did you use? Im seeing good performance with the 2680 v4 and the 1080. Like 1080p ultra 60+ fps.  How much better would the performance be in terms of fps. I know its not a great question because of other variables.

20 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

A Xeon E5-1650 v4, E5-1680 v4, or E5-2667 v4 would get you some of the highest clock speeds on 6 or 8 cores.

There are some CPUs with much higher core counts, but they have much lower top speeds in order to stay in a reasonable power and TDP budget. Those three CPUs are the best performance per thread VS thread count balance I found from tinkering with servers and workstations of that era.

Whatever you get, populate at least four DIMMs so you can take advantage of quad-channel memory. Old registered ECC server memory is pretty cheap.

Im trying to find a motherboard with quad channel support. I orderd a motherboard off aliexpress but the order was cancled 2 times after I threatened support lol. Long story short they display the listing as free shipping then at checkout that changes, taxes are somehow more than what my state tax rate is. So I cancled my first order to order again and it was 4 dollars cheaper. I threatened support because my refund was going to be 5-20 business days. I told them I'd shoe this on tiktok and so on. I think I'm blacklisted from placing orders because the last 2 were "shipped" then "delayed" then "cancled". If you have time can you send me a link to a good quad channel board. How much better is quad channel? Is it like night and day? How is it in regards to gaming?

20 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

the 2667 seems like the winner for me with its 8 cores and base clock speed. The 1680 is selling used for 42 (aliexpress)(70 on ebay) while the 2667 is 30 on ebay, the 1650 is 21 on ebay. Would you agree that the 2667 is best for the price? How much of a factor are the cache speeds for cpus? Would a cpu with a  lower core count say 6 run better than a cpu with 10 cores if both had the same l3 cache?