Do you think this damage is enough to stop the mobo from functioning?

I got it for $10 from a returns store. It doesn't look like it hit any leads or anything, but I just wanna get a second opinion before I buy test CPUS.

17121978238507431414515050243556.jpg

17121978455517974411989805299467.jpg

17121978729695541678688632982877.jpg

I wonder how many children search for Mr Beast

And find a meat canyon video

Nope, damage around the front panel header will not affect the functionality of the board in any way. In fact, you could likely cut that entire corner of the board off and it'd still boot fine since that area of the board does not deal with any critical functions of the CPU, RAM, chipset, or power.

8 minutes ago, Notquitedead said:

I got it for $10 from a returns store. It doesn't look like it hit any leads or anything, but I just wanna get a second opinion before I buy test CPUS.

17121978238507431414515050243556.jpg

17121978455517974411989805299467.jpg

17121978729695541678688632982877.jpg

motherboards are usually more durable than u think so yeah, what mobo is it exactly? u can prolly find a test cpu for like $5 tbh on ebay

I am fairly certain there are no traces there so it should be fine. If anything the two blue pins should be power and if that works good nuff 4 me

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

its impossible to tell because all motherboards are multi layer boards and as a result, there can be hidden traces or more likely power planes and ground planes.
When you smash a corner or crack it or something, it is possible for a power plane to hit a ground plane even in a corner and cause a short.
realistically, its not a big deal, and probably isnt shorted.
if it doesnt work, take a razor knife and carefully shave away the damage so you can see all the layers inside, and make sure they dont seem to touch.

I've done literally that on a gpu that was dropped, worked fine after

36 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

its impossible to tell because all motherboards are multi layer boards and as a result, there can be hidden traces or more likely power planes and ground planes.
When you smash a corner or crack it or something, it is possible for a power plane to hit a ground plane even in a corner and cause a short.
realistically, its not a big deal, and probably isnt shorted.
if it doesnt work, take a razor knife and carefully shave away the damage so you can see all the layers inside, and make sure they dont seem to touch.

I've done literally that on a gpu that was dropped, worked fine after

while true for further into the board. at the edges of a board, there is rarely ever traces there. but those FP connectors may be borked, so you would have to find a different way to turn it on possibly 

40 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

In this case, because it's so close to the edge of the board, there's likely nothing there except for the obvious connection being made with the connector.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, aren332 said:

motherboards are usually more durable than u think so yeah, what mobo is it exactly? u can prolly find a test cpu for like $5 tbh on ebay

LGA 2011 socket. ik ik old and hot garbage but I can afford it.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

In this case, because it's so close to the edge of the board, there's likely nothing there except for the obvious connection being made with the connector.

you can literally see a ground plane in the pic
That being said I did go back and look and the back of the board you can see large vias all around the perimiter meaning there is definetly not a power plane or anything for the first couple mm from the edge, at least to the distance of those vias

1 minute ago, Notquitedead said:

LGA 2011

if its 2011 v3 and supports broadwell era xeons then its a fairly capable cheapo pc.
What board is it?

7 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

you can literally see a ground plane in the pic
That being said I did go back and look and the back of the board you can see large vias all around the perimiter meaning there is definetly not a power plane or anything for the first couple mm from the edge, at least to the distance of those vias

Yes, by extension of my post, I'm acknowledging the ground plane being present. Doesn't change what I said. 

From what's visible, the FP connector should still be able to function. The board itself will still be able to function. Is it ideal? No. But that's not part of the question. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

9 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

if its 2011 v3 and supports broadwell era xeons then its a fairly capable cheapo pc.
What board is it?

X79. It's a Chinese brand so anywhere beyond that I'm of no help.