Question about the new oled monitors

Joe6

I want to get a new monitor I currently have a 1440 144hz ips but want to make a switch to oled to have a monitor prepared for a new pc build I’m thinking about when Rtx5000 releases.  I want to stick with 1440p as not sure how well my current rig or even new one would handle 4k 240hz. I’ve recently seen the new Msi Mag 341cqp and wondering if this is worth buying or instead looking for a new one if this panel isn’t as good. I know that no matter what the monitor will be outdated by something new but I don’t want to spend lots of money on one that’s not worth it now let alone in the future. 
Any advice is appreciated thanks.

4 minutes ago, Joe6 said:

I want to get a new monitor I currently have a 1440 144hz ips but want to make a switch to oled to have a monitor prepared for a new pc build I’m thinking about when Rtx5000 releases.  I want to stick with 1440p as not sure how well my current rig or even new one would handle 4k 240hz. I’ve recently seen the new Msi Mag 341cqp and wondering if this is worth buying or instead looking for a new one if this panel isn’t as good. I know that no matter what the monitor will be outdated by something new but I don’t want to spend lots of money on one that’s not worth it now let alone in the future. 

LG will launch a 480Hz OLED soon. If you primarily game and want a 21:9 ultrawide, just get the cheapest one you can find. The AW3423DWF is for $777.

15 minutes ago, Joe6 said:

Check out Monitors Unboxed. Tim is a god when it comes to monitors, look through and see if you can find one he recommends or talks about.

https://www.youtube.com/@monitorsunboxed/videos

4 hours ago, BoomerL4D said:

LG will launch a 480Hz OLED soon. If you primarily game and want a 21:9 ultrawide, just get the cheapest one you can find. The AW3423DWF is for $777.

Do you think it’s still worth buying this panel even tho it’s older or am I better buying the newer ones?

2 hours ago, Joe6 said:

Do you think it’s still worth buying this panel even tho it’s older or am I better buying the newer ones?

Well... they slightly improve the text clarity with those new subpixel layouts, but like I said, if you're only gaming and not using Excel... you will never notice. That's the only advantage over those new ones, basically... just get the Alienware for $777.77. The AOC AG276QZD is $649.99.

The main advantages the newer panels bring to the table are better text clarity and higher refresh rates. If you don't use the monitor for work, the text clarity won't be a big problem. And the text clarity is only an issue in desktop applications to begin with, not in games. With refresh rate, you know best if 165Hz is good enough for your use case or if you want to spend extra to get 240, 360 or 480Hz.

But in any case, no matter which generation of OLED monitors you buy, always look up reviews on the specific models you're considering. Even though most of them use similar display panels, firmware, color performance, and features in general still vary a lot between different brands.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Depends also on price you plan spending on PC and monitor. So 1440p or 4K. Depends how much you care for premium monitor, some 1440p class can be found on sale which is great buy.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

5 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Depends also on price you plan spending on PC and monitor. So 1440p or 4K. Depends how much you care for premium monitor, some 1440p class can be found on sale which is great buy.

I want to buy the highest end 5000 series I can afford so ideally 5090 but all depends just how much they end up costing.  Do you think it’d be ok to buy a new 4k monitor and downscale it for a while till I upgrade or better off staying with 1440 high refresh?

2 hours ago, Joe6 said:

I want to buy the highest end 5000 series I can afford so ideally 5090 but all depends just how much they end up costing.  Do you think it’d be ok to buy a new 4k monitor and downscale it for a while till I upgrade or better off staying with 1440 high refresh?

I'd probably stay with 1440p especially if you play newer games and want solid fps too. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |