Missing washer/spacer, is it an issue?

Go to solution Solved by Gessler555,

Never mind guys, I found it!

I bought a iCUE LINK H150i RGB and it seems one of the little plastic bags that contain the screws got torn. The screws & washers (aka spacers) got out, and the iCUE LINK system has got magnets all over so they got stuck to various things. I recovered everything except a single washer that's still missing.

The washers are for the smaller screws that mount the AIO to the case (in my instance, a 5000D).

I don't want to put in the screw without the washer so I figured I'll just make do with 11 mounting screws instead of 12...one less screw in the middle shouldn't be an issue right?

But the bigger question I have is that I suspect the 12th washer is still in there somewhere, stuck to something. I looked everywhere around the AIO, even took out the pre-installed fans. Just can't find it. I don't think it fell into the radiator fins (there's no magnets in there so it should've made some noise when I shook it ).

Assuming it's stuck somewhere it shouldn't be, am I risking a short?

Should I seek to return the AIO & get a replacement?

Intel i7-4790k | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz RAM | Corsair H80i v1 AIO | Corsair RM850x PSU | Cooler Master HAF 912 case | Asus VZ27AQ 1440p 75hz monitor | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm HDD

36 minutes ago, Gessler555 said:

I bought a iCUE LINK H150i RGB and it seems one of the little plastic bags that contain the screws got torn. The screws & washers (aka spacers) got out, and the iCUE LINK system has got magnets all over so they got stuck to various things. I recovered everything except a single washer that's still missing.

The washers are for the smaller screws that mount the AIO to the case (in my instance, a 5000D).

I don't want to put in the screw without the washer so I figured I'll just make do with 11 mounting screws instead of 12...one less screw in the middle shouldn't be an issue right?

But the bigger question I have is that I suspect the 12th washer is still in there somewhere, stuck to something. I looked everywhere around the AIO, even took out the pre-installed fans. Just can't find it. I don't think it fell into the radiator fins (there's no magnets in there so it should've made some noise when I shook it ).

No risk at all, an AIO has no electricity going through it

You can easily find some same sized washer on Amazon or other too

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

12 screws for 1 radiator ! indeed 1 missing won't matter

I'm willing to swim against the current.

3 hours ago, Gessler555 said:

Something similar happened to me last month. I only found it lodged inside a fan when I saw that the fan refused to spin... which I noticed because my temps were too high. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Never mind guys, I found it!

Intel i7-4790k | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz RAM | Corsair H80i v1 AIO | Corsair RM850x PSU | Cooler Master HAF 912 case | Asus VZ27AQ 1440p 75hz monitor | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm HDD