Reset PC without losing apps and data

Asen Ikonomov
Go to solution Solved by porina,

I'm not aware of a way to reset windows while keeping apps. Nearest I know of would be to tell Windows to do a file check of itself. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

The display problem sounds more likely hardware than software. Good to know you tried a different monitor, but it could also be the cable or GPU itself. Also try a different refresh rate.

Lately my dad's computer has been acting up. I suppose it's the motherboard but I want to try a reset first. I remember that there was an option to reset without deleting everything but I cant find it now. Now let me explain the problems: 1. E-sign One day it works perfectly fine but sometimes it doesn't register it. 2. There are some lines on the monitor, like flickering. I thought it was the monitor but even though I changed it  the problem stays. They are connected with VGA. Thanks in advance!

Before you touch anything, be certain that there is a current, working, tested backup of any data you consider important 🙂 do not skip this step.

1. you'll have to be more specific

2. flickering on a VGA cable sounds like a signal issue, most likely the cable or the sockets at one end or the other. Check both are FIRMLY inserted, and if possible, change the cable.

I'm not aware of a way to reset windows while keeping apps. Nearest I know of would be to tell Windows to do a file check of itself. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

The display problem sounds more likely hardware than software. Good to know you tried a different monitor, but it could also be the cable or GPU itself. Also try a different refresh rate.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

The monitor is on 60hz(lowest supported).About the USB issues it often says “USB device not recognised” on both front and rear ports.

I don’t know how I daydreamed about this but there was no such thing. I was confused because I need to reset my hp celeron every month and I reinstall my apps( I have about 3). So yeah I’m pretty stupid.