New pc build won't boot bios

I tried building a pc and it will power on but not boot bios. I just get a black screen. Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/N8Vzh3

I tried reseating the ram. I haven't tried checking the cpu placement yet. I have also tried an hdmi and display port out and different monitors.

I am thinking it could be a defective psu wire or maybe it needs a bios update?

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.5725b20fe2776c5381d93db457a0efef.png

This is what this links to. Can you please fix the link, or at least say which of the ~20 builds it is?

I just updated the post. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/N8Vzh3

18 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, what are the debug LEDs doing when you try to boot the system? They are these LEDs:

Hide contents

image.png.fa7c37d2f71648425d13687b15de72b1.png

I just tried powering it on. Here is the order of the lights.

All 4 blink red for 0.25 seconds, then all 4 go off. The 2nd one from the top then turns on and stays red for 3 seconds, then turns off. Within 0.5 seconds of the 2nd from top turning off the 3rd from top turns on. 2 seconds go by and then the bottom led also turns on. The bottom two then remain on together for 7 seconds.

To sumarize, all 4 blink once, the 2nd from top turns on and stays on for 3 seconds then turns off, the 3rd from top then turns on for 2 seconds before the bottom led also turns on and the bottom two remain on for 7 seconds together. All of them are red when on.

Fans power on, leds power on, keyboard rgb powers on. Blank screen and no bios on power up. I don't have a gpu installed I am directly plugged into the motherboard for display output.

Just now, Drizzt said:

I just tried powering it on. Here is the order of the lights.

All 4 blink red for 0.25 seconds, then all 4 go off. The 2nd one from the top then turns on and stays red for 3 seconds, then turns off. Within 0.5 seconds of the 2nd from top turning off the 3rd from top turns on. 2 seconds go by and then the bottom led also turns on. The bottom two then remain on together for 7 seconds.

To sumarize, all 4 blink, the 2nd from top turns on and stays on for 3 seconds then turns off, the 3rd from top then turns on for 2 seconds before the bottom led also turns on and the bottom two remain on for 7 seconds together.

OK, so the system is booting and making it to the BIOS, it's just not actually displaying anything. Just to confirm, is there no GPU in the system you're trying to use, and are you using a non-F CPU? Just want to make sure that you can't be plugging into a display output that would be disabled. Assuming the answer to both of those questions is "yes," try plugging into a different display output on the motherboard, since it might just be that either the HDMI or the DisplayPort connector is dead. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, so the system is booting and making it to the BIOS, it's just not actually displaying anything. Just to confirm, is there no GPU in the system you're trying to use, and are you using a non-F CPU? Just want to make sure that you can't be plugging into a display output that would be disabled. Assuming the answer to both of those questions is "yes," try plugging into a different display output on the motherboard, since it might just be that either the HDMI or the DisplayPort connector is dead. 

I have one hdmi, and one display port output on the motherboard. Both of them won't display anything. I used cables I have confirmed work and displays I confirmed work.

The cpu is the k version and should have integrated graphics. I can look for a gpu and try dropping it in.

Just now, Drizzt said:

I can look for a gpu and try dropping it in.

If you can do this, do this. The LED sequence you described is the system actually POSTing and making it to the BIOS, the fact it's not displaying an image makes me suspect something is up with the iGPU, either the motherboard having faulty connectors or the iGPU itself being defective. Throwing a GPU in there can confirm if something surrounding the iGPU is the problem, and since a BIOS bug is possible, you could then try updating the BIOS once you get it working and see if the iGPU starts working out of nowhere. 

Understood. Thank you. I will post back tomorrow. I just looked through my space for an old gtx1080ti and can't find it. I will see what I can do tomorrow and post an update.

Try with TV as monitor just in case. I can't explain it, but my new PC doesn't work with my old reliable monitor either.

4 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Try with TV as monitor just in case. I can't explain it, but my new PC doesn't work with my old reliable monitor either.

I tried this as well when I first built it just in case. It didn't work.

Something similar happened to me like this, turns out for me it was a shitty hdmi cable, try swapping it put and reset the cmos.