7800x3d all core frequencies in sync, how do I disable this?

Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
22 minutes ago, victorluisgr said:

So, after a 30 minute gaming session on a variety of CPU intensive games, I noticed in HWinfo that every core on the CPU is on the same frequency instead of one or two cores boosting to 5.05ghz, and others parking.

I use process lasso on bitsum highest performance but I don't think that power profile affect frequencies in this way. There are some games that are really single-core performance dependent that I noticed a drop in performance.

Anyone knows why is this happening or how to "fix" it?

Edit: noticed that the "enhanced" on HWinfo is not there anymore, this happened after a BIOS reset.

Edit: cinnebench R23 scores also dropped from 18100 to 16300 after this BIOS reset.

image.png

I'd check Ryzen Master, I've seen HWInfo report clock speeds for cores which Ryzen Master said were sleeping.

I also uninstalled Process Lasso personally as it just seemed to complicate things.  I only had it installed when I had a 5950X, ditched it when I got the 7800X3D.

So, after a 30 minute gaming session on a variety of CPU intensive games, I noticed in HWinfo that every core on the CPU is on the same frequency instead of one or two cores boosting to 5.05ghz, and others parking.

I use process lasso on bitsum highest performance but I don't think that power profile affect frequencies in this way. There are some games that are really single-core performance dependent that I noticed a drop in performance.

Edit: noticed that the "enhanced" on HWinfo is not there anymore, this happened after a BIOS reset.

Edit: cinnebench R23 scores also dropped from 18100 to 16300 after this BIOS reset.

image.png

22 minutes ago, victorluisgr said:

image.png

I'd check Ryzen Master, I've seen HWInfo report clock speeds for cores which Ryzen Master said were sleeping.

I also uninstalled Process Lasso personally as it just seemed to complicate things.  I only had it installed when I had a 5950X, ditched it when I got the 7800X3D.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I also uninstalled Process Lasso personally as it just seemed to complicate things.

Fixed it, apparently the PBO I set on BIOS was not working (for some reason), but when I enabled it on Ryzen Master and set the CO values, it worked. Really don't know what happened, but it is working now so, your intuition to use Ryzen Master was right. Thanks.