GPU grinding fan noises slowly went away on its own?

So, back then it used to produce this noise:

(This was me recording back then around october.)

And now this is what happens:

https://youtu.be/L5ewjh1vjhM?si=h1YWLe3xiFDRokC3

The grinding fan noises have seemed to have dropped exceptionally well on its own.

So at above 70% fan speed or (2300 rpm) it would slowly make that annoying noise like in the 2nd video.

And on the 1st video it produces that LOUD of a noise at like 60+ or 60% fan speed.

Im left confused as to how it resolved on its own. Or maybe it's just a wire hitting the gpu. I have planned in advance to finally once in for all have this gpu checked and maybe get replaced by a professional but im still thinking about it. (here's a video of me peeking at the fans)

As you can see nothing is hitting the fans in my pov atleast: https://youtu.be/VrZvoWUE9yA?si=0bPjugY7r0amNZYS

If you haven't moved or touched any parts inside the PC since then, chances are it either settled out of the way or the things hit each other long enough to wear each other out so there's clearance now.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

If you haven't moved or touched any parts inside the PC since then, chances are it either settled out of the way or the things hit each other long enough to wear each other out so there's clearance now.

I had moved this pc and opened and troubleshooted. Because along with the first video it had a loud annoying fan noise and it kept crashing on me. 

All i did to fix it was cleaning my ram sticks, changing cmos, and reseating the gpu and that seemed to have fixed the crashes and the fan noise by abit but im not sure.

The gpu has been stable ever since then no overheating when the noises starts and its stable its just how much longer u can bear da noise.

I had two fans that made a resonant noise only when next to each other. Switched one with a fan on the CPU's radiator and the problem stopped.

1 hour ago, s0utt said:

So, back then it used to produce this noise

That's a hair caught in it. The clicky sound is from it hitting the blades.

Here's a short story:

I have long hair, like to my butt. A consequence of this is that when a hair falls out, it gets sucked into fans. The Vacuum cleaner, chair coasters, the recirculating fan, the computer fans, the laptops, etc. On devices like the computer and the laptop, if a hair gets sucked in, it usually slowly gets sucked in. Like it will grab an inch of it, and then the hair will get wrapped around the center of the fan until the last half inch or so is left and then the last bit just hits the fan blades until the friction wears it down.

If you, or someone who lives with you has hair longer than 4", or you have a cat or dog with long hair, you will need to periodicly go to all of the named things above, unplug it, take it apart and pry the hair out of it, otherwise it will eventually seize the motor or the bearings.

Computer chairs are the worst for it, I've managed to literately break the wheels, because they seized up. I've had 120mm computer fans also seize up after making that exact kind of noise you hear in your video. Depending what kind of hair is caught in it, you might have to actually take the fan out of the computer, get some tweezers and try and grab the end of it and then pull (this will make the fan spin backwards.) If a hair gets too deep, it will just burn if the motor heats up when it stops moving.

As for things like the Vacuum cleaner. Burned hair smell is terrible. Any time you vacuum you need to check if there are hairs wrapped around the power head otherwise it will overheat and burn too.

8 hours ago, Kisai said:

Here's a short story:

I have long hair, like to my butt. A consequence of this is that when a hair falls out, it gets sucked into fans. The Vacuum cleaner, chair coasters, the recirculating fan, the computer fans, the laptops, etc. On devices like the computer and the laptop, if a hair gets sucked in, it usually slowly gets sucked in. Like it will grab an inch of it, and then the hair will get wrapped around the center of the fan until the last half inch or so is left and then the last bit just hits the fan blades until the friction wears it down.

If you, or someone who lives with you has hair longer than 4", or you have a cat or dog with long hair, you will need to periodicly go to all of the named things above, unplug it, take it apart and pry the hair out of it, otherwise it will eventually seize the motor or the bearings.

Computer chairs are the worst for it, I've managed to literately break the wheels, because they seized up. I've had 120mm computer fans also seize up after making that exact kind of noise you hear in your video. Depending what kind of hair is caught in it, you might have to actually take the fan out of the computer, get some tweezers and try and grab the end of it and then pull (this will make the fan spin backwards.) If a hair gets too deep, it will just burn if the motor heats up when it stops moving.

As for things like the Vacuum cleaner. Burned hair smell is terrible. Any time you vacuum you need to check if there are hairs wrapped around the power head otherwise it will overheat and burn too.

That explains it. Sometimes when i play a gpu intensive game i could smell something it wasnt burnt or anything. I can't explain it but yeah.

Also i don't have dogs but the store i bought it with had one and they have those dogs roaming around. 

The counter was a long-haired person so that maybe explains it. The weird thing was that they tested it there and it let it ran for 11-15 minutes. And on their end there was no sound. No grinding sound but i mean the resolutions was capped to 1280x720 on FurMark. so maybe it wasnt that intensive.

8 hours ago, Kisai said:

Here's a short story:

That explains it. Sometimes when i play a gpu intensive game i could smell something it wasnt burnt or anything. I can't explain it but yeah.

Also i don't have dogs but the store i bought it with had one and they have those dogs roaming around. 

The counter was a long-haired person so that maybe explains it. The weird thing was that they tested it there and it let it ran for 11-15 minutes. And on their end there was no sound. No grinding sound but i mean the resolutions was capped to 1280x720 on FurMark. so maybe it wasnt that intensive

On 3/29/2024 at 11:06 PM, s0utt said:

The counter was a long-haired person so that maybe explains it. The weird thing was that they tested it there and it let it ran for 11-15 minutes. And on their end there was no sound. No grinding sound but i mean the resolutions was capped to 1280x720 on FurMark. so maybe it wasnt that intensive

common with pets to get some debris in there (my kitties love sitting on top of the case for that warm air) and most fans have a little flex to them so getting off axis and making some noise isnt uncommon either. i had a corsair fan for years that every month or 2 id have to tap the case near it to get it to stop clicking.