Should i get the Artic P12 Or the F 12

Mxst

i have a NZXT H5 flow case and have 3 out of the 6 fans for my pc because i was on a budget at the time. now i have some money and i saw that the Artic fans were a good option i also saw that p12s are different than the F12s my pc is on a desk if that helps

Ultimately it doesn't matter all that much but the P12's are the universal popular pick. 

5 minutes ago, Mxst said:

i have a NZXT H5 flow case and have 3 out of the 6 fans for my pc because i was on a budget at the time. now i have some money and i saw that the Artic fans were a good option i also saw that p12s are different than the F12s my pc is on a desk if that helps

As said by @GuiltySpark_ the P12 is generally considered better. They're also one of, if not the best fan considering price/performance/noise.

And it doesn't matter if you buy DC or PWM version, buy whatever cheaper (except if you want to daisy chain). Just set accordingly in the Bios.

Check out the P12max.

Consider the Bundles.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

P12 has ok static pressure and airflow, making it suitable for use on a case and many heatsinks, but not most radiators. The F12, which is being discontinued iirc, only has decent airflow, making it mostly useful for moving air where the barrier is minimal, such as most exhaust fan ports. 

If you want more fans, get the P12 for intake and use the F12s for exhaust. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂