Soundblaster sound card

A psu

Lian Li O11 air mini

I still need to a cooler 

And add rgb20240325_144323.thumb.JPG.1bd55ba605e6799144dde734eec7bcdf.JPG

20240325_144152.thumb.JPG.2af9ff9e7493e154c94a9254f11854cd.JPG

The case is worth more than the rest of the PC 😄

Does it run Windows 98 ? 😛

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Is the PSU invisible or just hidden?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

9 minutes ago, podkall said:

It's a so ancient tech is doesn't need power 😄

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

24 minutes ago, podkall said:

picopsu in the atx-20pin
I thought it would look neat, just 12v going to it from the psu and then it powers the board and gpu and ssd.

11 minutes ago, da na said:

That's a nice VGA cooler on that card. Aftermarket?

stock cooler, its a HIS brand.
it's the holy grail of agp gpus, the best one anyone ever made

I'm confused rn because I bought a 955BE cpu and the board and windows are reporting it as a 980 BE which is a much more expensive cpu lol
too lazy to clean the thermalpaste and read the cpu physically so I'm just going to go with it

the mb is one of the best agp mb so its worth somthing like $200 probly

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the mb is one of the best agp mb so its worth somthing like $200 probly

sorta is lol, sometimes they go for cheap sometimes $200+
the gpu also isnt cheap or apparently the cpu now
whole thing would be like 600-700 bucks to replicate lol but of course I didnt pay nearly that for the lot

one downside, no hardware acceleration in firefox so scrolling the web is kinda junk.
but it gets 250 lows and mostly stays capped at 299 in cs:s
Hanvnt tried any other games yet but no doubt it will play anything and everything that lets you open it with directx 10.

7 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

sorta is lol, sometimes they go for cheap sometimes $200+
the gpu also isnt cheap or apparently the cpu now
whole thing would be like 600-700 bucks to replicate lol but of course I didnt pay nearly that for the lot

one downside, no hardware acceleration in firefox so scrolling the web is kinda junk.
but it gets 250 lows and mostly stays capped at 299 in cs:s
Hanvnt tried any other games yet but no doubt it will play anything and everything that lets you open it with directx 10.

so whats the story on it? how did you come across it?

imo if you really dont care about its collector status you could sell it and build a faster cheaper xp pc if thats what your going for?

a gtx 275 would be a good mid xp gpu or even and 8800 but i think thow are collectors too🤔

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

so whats the story on it? how did you come across it?

imo if you really dont care about its collector status you could sell it and build a faster cheaper xp pc if thats what your going for?

I got the gpu for $7 from a thrift store about 2.5 years ago and just started looking for something to put it in.
Eventually settled on this board because it supported the agp gpu without also having pci-e slots (which ruins the soul), and supported quad core cpus and 1066mhz ddr2.
then came 2 years of waiting for one to come up for a reasonable price which one finally did at $79.
Then I got the case as open box for like $110
got the cpu for $20
got the ram from the side of the road for free

I kinda wanted basically this so I dont really plan to sell it but I definitely want to find a more appropriate retro case
Sure you can make a faster xp computer, but you literally cant make a faster AGP only computer than this.

2 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

I got the gpu for $7 from a thrift store about 2.5 years ago and just started looking for something to put it in.
Eventually settled on this board because it supported the agp gpu without also having pci-e slots (which ruins the soul), and supported quad core cpus and 1066mhz ddr2.
then came 2 years of waiting for one to come up for a reasonable price which one finally did at $79.
Then I got the case as open box for like $110
got the cpu for $20
got the ram from the side of the road for free

I kinda wanted basically this so I dont really plan to sell it but I definitely want to find a more appropriate retro case
Sure you can make a faster xp computer, but you literally cant make a faster AGP only computer than this.

ah ok makes scene well enjoy it. one day ill get my 98 pc up and running and im building the fastest xp pc atm.

14 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

im building the fastest xp pc atm

I saw that yeah, its an interesting build. at that point the hardware is more than capable of playing modern games but without dx11 support. youre going to absolutely dominate dx9 though

One thing I don't like about this case is to get the wires up to the ssd and have it on display like that, I had to bend this part which is stupid, what's the point of these trays without a way to get cables in there? 20240326_143519.thumb.JPG.d34cb2807024a70ad98f7533c947ef97.JPG

3 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

One thing I don't like about this case is to get the wires up to the ssd and have it on display like that, I had to bend this part which is stupid, what's the point of these trays without a way to get cables in there? 20240326_143519.thumb.JPG.d34cb2807024a70ad98f7533c947ef97.JPG

ya some times things get over looked... i had a few things on mt lian li case that were like that.

like mountable 140mm fans on the bottom 1/16 away from the power switch it have to get bent...

Edited by thrasher_565