my aio is being a pussy again

aren332
8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Tighten it all the way?

Why would you tighten only finger tight, that makes no sense to me. You need pressure, that is why it is called mounting pressure.

I tightened it finger tight since I thought the reason for little thermal paste in the middle of the die was due to overtightened cooler.

Tightening the cooler all the way also did nothing, temps are still extremely high.

14 hours ago, aren332 said:

finger tight

What they said. Please use a screwdriver and turn until you feel significant resistance, and then follow the X pattern to tighten the rest. Do it again, but more carefully, until it seems that all 4 are reasonably tight, then run your benchmark again.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 3/26/2024 at 9:32 PM, freeagent said:

Start over again. Take the lid off your CPU and do it over. 

I put on a lid of a i5 4570, and now my temps are fine, the way they used to be. I think it was something with my cpu lid

Just now, aren332 said:

I put on a lid of a i5 4570, and now my temps are fine, the way they used to be. I think it was something with my cpu lid

Neat.. 

The last Intel setup I have that can run is a 3770K on a Z77 OCFormula. That CPU was always hot as balls, core 0 was usually 10c hotter than the other guys. With some extra voltage it was up to 15c difference at times. Such a pig.  I neve did get around to popping the top.. mostly because I am a pussy 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's