Does benchmark software includes the average results of factory or manually OC GPUs?

J03tz13l

Hello, I’ve recently purchased an Asus Dual RTX 4070 SUPER and noticed that it’s scoring approximately 1500 points below the average in the 3DMark benchmark tests. I’m curious, does this benchmarking software take into account the scores from factory-overclocked and manually overclocked cards as well?

20 minutes ago, J03tz13l said:

I’m curious, does this benchmarking software take into account the scores from factory-overclocked and manually overclocked cards as well?

The overclocked cards are included, yes, but the manually OCed cards are a small fraction of the cards on there that the average is pretty accurate, and the factory OC cards perform within margin of error of the non-OC cards because of GPU boost. 

1500 points behind average usually means somethings up with the system reducing performance, what are the full system specs, what 3dmark are you running specifically, and what is the score breakdown? 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The overclocked cards are included, yes, but the manually OCed cards are a small fraction of the cards on there that the average is pretty accurate, and the factory OC cards perform within margin of error of the non-OC cards because of GPU boost. 

1500 points behind average usually means somethings up with the system reducing performance, what are the full system specs, what 3dmark are you running specifically, and what is the score breakdown? 

I'm running Time Spy, with Ryzen 7 5700x, Asus dual Rtx 4070 Super, DDR4 3200mhz DOCP.

18, 992 GPU

9,840 CPU

No thermal throttling 

HWINFO on the background

4 minutes ago, J03tz13l said:

18, 992 GPU

9,840 CPU

No thermal throttling 

HWINFO on the background

OK, both your CPU and GPU scores are about 10% lower than they should be, there's definitely something going on there. Since there's a lot that it can be, going the brute force method of figuring this out is probably for the best. Use HWInfo to create a log file of all the sensor data and report back, there might be an issue with clock speeds going on here. 

Hello I think that I may had found the culprit. I did the benchmark 2 times before and got scores of 16,666 and ~17,000 after turning off nvidia superposition I got 18,021 points.