Need some help on choosing a new GPU!

Hi guys, I need some help here!

In Japan, GPUs are usually 5-10% more expensive than in the state. I have an opportunity to travel to US very soon, so I'm considering using the chance to upgrade my GPU.

Now, I have two opinions. One is that I found an all-new PowerColor Liquid Devil AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, which is going for around $680 in Japan. My PC is already an open-loop, so this could be a nice fit.

Another option is to buy an RTX 4070TI after I arrive in the US, which is also in the $650-$700 range (according to Newegg). Or I could go for an RTX 4070TI SUPER while I can buy it cheaper.

My main display is 1440p 144hz with a 1080p secondary, and I'm staying at 2K for the foreseeable future, but I may upgrade to a 240hz display.

I play e-sport games like Seige and AAA games 50/50 of the time.

The question is

1) Which GPU should I go for?

2) How much difference is the performance between 6950 XT, 4070TI, and 4070TI SUPER?

3) If I choose RX 6950 XT, is it necessary to use 3 6-pin PCI-E power to run it, or is it optional?

Any suggestions are welcome, and please correct me if I'm wrong about the GPU price in the state.

My options would be 4070 super (not ti, because costs 10% less than ti (non super) and performs almost he same).
6950xt would be out of question, too much power consumption.

Maybe choose between 7900 xt and 4070 ti super, both of these cards performs almost the same (if we exclude dlss and raytracing.)

for the 6950xt, i think all power cables are necessary, but i would suggest you go with rx 7000 instead , because even if you don't care about raytracing, you may use it from time to time (i personally don't consider it a selling point, but if you manage to find a 7900 xt at the same price, then why not)

1 hour ago, ki8aras said:

for the 6950xt, i think all power cables are necessary, but i would suggest you go with rx 7000 instead , because even if you don't care about raytracing, you may use it from time to time (i personally don't consider it a selling point, but if you manage to find a 7900 xt at the same price, then why not)

Didn't notice the power consumption difference. 50W+ on load is quite a lot. It seems like as long as you avoid heavily RT games, 7900 xt is cheaper and better in most cases.

2 hours ago, Likwid said:

My options would be 4070 super (not ti, because costs 10% less than ti (non super) and performs almost he same).
6950xt would be out of question, too much power consumption.

Maybe choose between 7900 xt and 4070 ti super, both of these cards performs almost the same (if we exclude dlss and raytracing.)

Is there any place other than Newegg that has better pricing?

Consider the 7900 GRE as well. Trades blows with 4070 Super and 4070Ti while having 16GB of VRAM. Power consumption about the same as the 4070Ti

The next step up is probably the 7900XT which consistently outperforms the 4070TiSuper at lower price and has 20GB VRAM, although it consumes more power than the 4080

I dont think you want the power consumption of the 6950XT considering the rising electricity prices where you live. It is essentially a 7900 GRE that consumes close to 50% more power

This just in. OC performance gains mostly due to memory OC

08:15 for the overall picture