Which manufacturer is most diligent with firmware updates?

I bought a framework in 2022, impulsively upgraded to the 12th gen board. While they have released 2x beta releases they have yet to release a full update. The only "official" bios is the launch firmware, it's nearly been 2 years.

I know I'm not the typical consumer, I bookmark firmware pages and check them regularly. My motherboard from 2019 had a firmware update as recently as last month. The fact that my laptop has only had 2 beta firmwares in the span of time my motherboard had 2x betas and 4 full releases is such a bummer.

I'm starting to keep a look out for my next device, Which manufacturer is the most diligent with keeping their firmware updated?

Stop updating so damn much o.o You should not need to do that. Unless you are having issues, what exactly is the point of doing this? Most of the time these fixes are for known bugs and or QOL and other fixes. But unless you are having those issues, you dont need to keep constantly doing that.

I've had like maybe 3 total BIOS updates total on my HP laptop from 2020, one was for a QOL update, one was security for spectre/meltdown, and the third was whatever the most recent zero-day exploit is. 

Now if you want to know who is most diligent with releasing patches for exploits, all the major OEM's are pretty good at it.

Enterprise->business->consumer is the order for patches.

12 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Stop updating so damn much o.o You should not need to do that. Unless you are having issues, what exactly is the point of doing this? Most of the time these fixes are for known bugs and or QOL and other fixes. But unless you are having those issues, you dont need to keep constantly doing that.

This is what each of those firmware did for my desktop motherboard...

1. Improve GPU compatibility for GeForce RTX 40 series. (upgraded to 40 series, might not have needed it but it was nice to have before I had to find out I did.)

AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.8 (addressing a 2 security vulnerabilities in relation to my CPU)

AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.B ("INCEPTION")

Patch UEFI LogoFail vulnerabilities. NVD - CVE-2023-40238 (nist.gov)

I know I don't need to, but I like keeping my devices updated.

My Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H has had 9 BIOS updates applied according to the app they provide that does updates amongst other things. It's a 5800H CPU. First update applied August 2021, most recent one May 2023, so nearly a year ago. I don't recall what each did, but the most recent one is pretty minor and skippable. Haven't managed to find a list of previous ones.

Edit: this talk has led me to find their website has a newer bios than the laptop App offers, although again the differences are minor so I'm not going to bother. Also found out there may be a possibility of unlocking options not normally exposed using 3rd party tools. Gonna have some fun if I don't brick it!

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

My Razer blade 15 advanced circa early 2021 hasn’t had an update (bios or drivers) later than its year of manufacturing. I’d say dell and Lenovo ( my t450) are prolly the best for it.