Jumpstart bios question

I jumpstarted the pc but there is a red light on the boot spot on the mono and I think (if it isn’t the lack of an OS) it might be the ssd. The name of my ssd looks like it might be in the m2b spot (I got the crucial p3 2tb). Does this mean that the ssd is the problem? How can I tell if it is faulty, installed incorrectly or in the wrong place? Or is the os the problem since I have installed it yet?

image.thumb.jpeg.72b2c0f82df27c170eab9b9d845acea1.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.a3840a7d68703844e46eda4330c70dd7.jpeg

i would say it might just be no os installed iirc. i wouldn't worry about it, unless it is still there after installing the os. the system posts and shows the installed parts, it's likely fine imo.

edit: it is in the m2b spot, it will work fine, but that may mean it runs through chipset and not cpu? can't remember offhand, your manual will tell you though. i would swap to the cpu one if that is the case, but either will work.

@bmx6454

Should I install the os now or put in my case and figure it out later? I kind of want to just put it in the case but I don’t want to if it will burn multiple extra hours.

2 minutes ago, JDP said:

@bmx6454

Should I install the os now or put in my case and figure it out later? I kind of want to just put it in the case but I don’t want to if it will burn multiple extra hours.

you can do either, if you want to play it safe, no reason you can't install the os before putting in case.

added this when you posted:

5 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

edit: it is in the m2b spot, it will work fine, but that may mean it runs through chipset and not cpu? can't remember offhand, your manual will tell you though. i would swap to the cpu one if that is the case, but either will work.

According to the manual, it's the "operating system status LED". Might just be because you're sitting in BIOS. The motherboard hasn't gone through any kind of OS boot process, so I doubt it has any kind of awareness at this point.

Straight from the manual:

The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally;

if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Added blurb from manual

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Id just instal windows real quick... it will only take ~10 minuts tops. Might as well just confirm.

Also, make sure to enable XMP/EXPO. Looks like its currently dissabled. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

8 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Also, make sure to enable XMP/EXPO. Looks like its currently dissabled. 

Should I turn bandwidth support or low latency support on?

image.thumb.jpeg.4c35458c7b5610a43ba31bb9fbd27cfe.jpeg

3 hours ago, JDP said:

Should I turn bandwidth support or low latency support on?

image.thumb.jpeg.4c35458c7b5610a43ba31bb9fbd27cfe.jpeg

I’m not sure about those actually. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air