Portable Monitor Recommendations

Scruggerboy

I will start by saying that I am an architecture student and I am often moving between multiple programs, however due to Rhino modeling software when I render I am locked out of doing other work while it is rendering without a second monitor. This is not a problem when I am at home but in the studio, I would not want to leave a full desktop monitor on my studio desk so I am looking into portable ones that I can carry with me in my bookbag. Recently I have been tempted by the Arzopa ones because of the price (especially on Tiktok shop. I know shoot me). You can not beat the price and since this is not a color-sensitive issue as I would still do that on my main MacBook display it really seems like a great deal. I am asking if anyone has had experience with this product or even Tiktok shop in general and if I should shy away from this Trojan Horse possibly or if paying more for a higher refresh rate monitor that I don't believe I would need from a more well-known brand matters in this space. Thank y'all for any feedback you may have.  

I looked for at portable monitors for a while as I wanted one for troubleshooting purposes. In the end I bought from a brand name, as it wasn't that much more, and it was peace of mind.

I bought this Acer one, so not super fancy.

I figured if I bought a cheap one and I had a problem with it in a few months, I hadn't save any money. 

2 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

I looked for at portable monitors for a while as I wanted one for troubleshooting purposes. In the end I bought from a brand name, as it wasn't that much more, and it was peace of mind.

I bought this Acer one, so not super fancy.

I figured if I bought a cheap one and I had a problem with it in a few months, I hadn't save any money. 

Thank you for the insight and recommendation I believe I am headed in the direction you went but the lingering thought that it is a 15.6" display for $40 and less than half of well-known brands is keeping me from just paying up.

1 minute ago, Scruggerboy said:

Thank you for the insight and recommendation I believe I am headed in the direction you went but the lingering thought that it is a 15.6" display for $40 and less than half of well-known brands is keeping me from just paying up.

Now $40, it would make me think. That's cheaper than I was seeing. Of course Iwas just searching Amazon / NewEgg, places like that.  At that price maybe worth a gamble.

3 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Now $40, it would make me think. That's cheaper than I was seeing. Of course Iwas just searching Amazon / NewEgg, places like that.  At that price maybe worth a gamble.

Maybe I will see what others say but it is also on Tiktok shop which also isn't adding to the sketchiness of the price. Here is a screenshot just to add to the post. 

IMG_1130.jpg

My partner travels a lot for work and has tried a couple usb-c monitors. We like the Lenovo M15 

https://www.newegg.ca/lenovo-m15-15-6-full-hd/p/15Z-0036-00AP2?item=15Z-0036-00AP2&nm_mc=knc-googleadwordsca&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwordsca-_-monitors - portable %26 touchscreen-_-lenovo-_-15Z003600AP2&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic+shopping&utm_campaign=knc-googleadwordsca-_-monitors - portable %26 touchscreen-_-lenovo-_-15Z003600AP2&source=region

Biggest reason why is the power passthrough, which just simplifies cabling when the wall plug is on the wrong side, and it looks fine.