Disabling Surround Defaults to one monitor, any way to fix?

Go to solution Solved by RelentlessAF,

Just a quick question, you want to disable surround during gameplay and allow multi-tasking while gaming? Or within the Windows environment?

Wasn't sure to post this in displays or software, mods can move it if they have to.

I have this issue with Nvidia surround. I like to turn it on when I want to play a game and turn it off afterwards to make good use of multiple monitors for multitasking (ie snapping to a screen and soforth)

Nvidia realized this when designing surround and implemented a keyboard shortcut option to enable/disable surround without having to open up Nvidia control panel.

HOWEVER

Enabling surround is fine, but when I go to disable it, it defaults to only have the center monitor on and the other two not in use (so no signal) I have to manually go into the control panel each time and re-enable the monitors, which kinda ruins the point of the shortcut in the first place. It's livable, but it's a little annoying. Anyone know a way to change the defaults of multiple displays when coming out of surround? Thanks.

Just a quick question, you want to disable surround during gameplay and allow multi-tasking while gaming? Or within the Windows environment?

Disable surround after gameplay, when I want to use the windows environment for say, video editing or browsing.

Disable surround after gameplay, when I want to use the windows environment for say, video editing or browsing.

When you leave gameplay and are using surround does it not work for multitasking like that?

Set up surround mode, save your settings.

When you finish playing your game press Windows Kye + P.

Surround = projector mode/Duplicate

Normal  = extended.

When you leave gameplay and are using surround does it not work for multitasking like that?

It does, but its annoying as fuck when windows maximise across all 3 screens instead of just one.

Set up surround mode, save your settings.

When you finish playing your game press Windows Kye + P.

Surround = projector mode/Duplicate

Normal  = extended.

Doesn't appear to work, option is stuck on "PC Screen Only" and won't switch to Duplicate or Extended mode.

EDIT: A picture to go along with it:

N87hz1j.png

Doesn't appear to work, option is stuck on "PC Screen Only" and won't switch to Duplicate or Extended mode.

Odd.

I use Eyefinity, so maybe thats why it wont work for you.

• 5 months later...

I know that this is an old thread, and I don't know what the rules here are regarding bumping old threads. But I just wanted to say that I am using nVidia surround and was having the same issue. Following xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt's instructions didn't work for me either. But I found that if I disable surround first, THEN use windows+p and switch to extended it works.

So, after exiting a game, disable surround with the short cut key, then windows + P to change to extended mode works for me.

I know that this is an old thread, and I don't know what the rules here are regarding bumping old threads. But I just wanted to say that I am using nVidia surround and was having the same issue. Following xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt's instructions didn't work for me either. But I found that if I disable surround first, THEN use windows+p and switch to extended it works.

So, after exiting a game, disable surround with the short cut key, then windows + P to change to extended mode works for me.

Yep, I knew to go to extended mode, but I didnt know there was a shortcut to it. Thanks, Ill try it out and see if that's any easier.

@Rangerxmage just tried it out. Still completely rearranges all my programs, but it's certainly a lot faster than going into the control panel. Thanks, it even saved the exact order of the monitors and their positions.