Is my fan splitter broken?

Im currently in the middle of building my pc, and im using a splitter for my cpu fan header. One out has 4 pins, but the other only has 3. The pin didnt break off because there is literally no wire coming to that pin. Is my fan splitter faulty?

i believe the missing pin on the other connector will be the RPM sensing pin. Even identical fans don't ever exactly match in RPM, so your mobo would get conflicting numbers if both fans reported RPM on the same line.聽

Spoiler

What pin configuration do Noctua fans use? : Noctua ...

if you match orientation of the 4pin in the picture, i imagine the 2nd wire from left is whats missing (green in photo)

if so, theres nothing to worry about 馃檪

The 4-pin is for your first fan, which will send and receive data with the mobo and the other fans.聽 The 3-pin is for daisy-chaining other fans on. What聽@matt0725聽pointed is correct.聽

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.馃お馃槀