HP driver downloads website down?

Go to solution Solved by podkall,

Im going to sleep, but I tried putting W7 32bit and got this:

image.thumb.png.f12c5acedcf8a7340751edb7e66ece11.png

For over a week I've gotten an "Error 500 - temporarily unavailable" message on support.hp.com when selecting an operating system and version to download drivers for.

Example page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-hdx-x16-premium-notebook-pc-series/model/3815319

The FTP servers on the backend actually holding the files are still working; other sites eg hpnotebookdrivers.com with permalinks to the FTP server are still able to download drivers. 

Is anyone else aware of this problem? Or have I been IP-banned from HP's driver portal? The latter would be endlessly amusing and equally inconvenient.

Thanks!

Im going to sleep, but I tried putting W7 32bit and got this:

image.thumb.png.f12c5acedcf8a7340751edb7e66ece11.png

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

No luck on Firefox nightly either. There are many broken download links on HP's site but this seems to be something else.

2 minutes ago, TheLANguy said:

No luck on Firefox nightly either. There are many broken download links on HP's site but this seems to be something else.

Thanks for confirming, then.

Really cool company, huh? 

40 minutes ago, da na said:

Thanks for confirming, then.

Really cool company, huh? 

Would appear that the drivers list is empty, which would explain the lack of a drivers page.

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Would appear that the drivers list is empty, which would explain the lack of a drivers page.

Hm, time for the yearly "maintenance" eg erasing the existence of systems older than 15 years from the driver index page for SEO, but not deleting their files from the FTP server. 

I've seen HP do that in the past but never with website outage.

13 hours ago, da na said:

Hm, time for the yearly "maintenance" eg erasing the existence of systems older than 15 years from the driver index page for SEO, but not deleting their files from the FTP server. 

I've seen HP do that in the past but never with website outage.

Hope to God that you never need a custom bulldozer/excavator crossfire driver.

Just now, BiotechBen said:

Hope to God that you never need a custom bulldozer/excavator crossfire driver.

I've heard that is a nightmare

I have had similar experiences with the Quadro FX 1500M - a card equivalent to the GeForce 7900 Go in performance but 1/4-1/3 the price. Only issue is, Nvidia doesn't provide driver support for it. Dell only supports their FX1500 boards on XP, and HP only supports them thru Vista - and neither driver installs on 7 or 10. Spent many hours trying to find a working driver, finally just gave up and removed the OS version and card model checks from the INF of a GeForce driver.

9 minutes ago, da na said:

I've heard that is a nightmare

I have had similar experiences with the Quadro FX 1500M - a card equivalent to the GeForce 7900 Go in performance but 1/4-1/3 the price. Only issue is, Nvidia doesn't provide driver support for it. Dell only supports their FX1500 boards on XP, and HP only supports them thru Vista - and neither driver installs on 7 or 10. Spent many hours trying to find a working driver, finally just gave up and removed the OS version and card model checks from the INF of a GeForce driver.

Mine was an R8 M365DX, which AMD wiped their hands of when HP proposed it. Similar theoretical performance to an HD4770, or HD4850, but the overhead was so bad that Civ V medium/low ran at like 20 fps staring at desert, turns took like 5 minutes once you got past 1800, and the whole thing ran at almost low temp burn temperatures while the fans desperately tried to cool it. That A10 EXTREME was actually not a terrible chip for being a mobile part. Horrible efficiency, but had enough compute for daily tasks and light e-sports level games.

If you look at the pass mark GPU tests database, those 5 samples are me😁

I got this. Doesn't look like there's any drivers for it as previously mentioned? 

Edit: on latest version of chrome, on ChromeOS

image.thumb.png.31ceb8ca48afa807223678c3c0bcc4ea.png

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

thx for +1 on solved posts @da na, it helps with my cred and appearance 🙃

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti