Enough power for an sli oc set up?

Davidff1991

So I currently have a VI hero with an asus 780 ti and a 4770k both running stock. I also have a corsair 860i which I know is enough for an sli set up. But I feel if I try over clocking 2 780 ti and the 4770k that i will be pushing it. Any thoughts?

Sweet. Simple. And to the point. Thank you community

I use 750W for 780 SLI and 4670K @ 4.6. You're good to go, as mentioned above. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So I currently have a VI hero with an asus 780 ti and a 4770k both running stock. I also have a corsair 860i which I know is enough for an sli set up. But I feel if I try over clocking 2 780 ti and the 4770k that i will be pushing it. Any thoughts?

Even with stock asus 780 ti's, your pc will be trucking down the road. If you have enough power & stability which you do have since you have a 80+ platinum rated power supply I doubt you'll hit the limits of what your power supply can draw from the wall into your pc.

What cooler are you using? In games a lot of them prefer higher overclocks then cpu core count. Normally the averagely achieved overclock with a 4770K is round about 4.4Ghz up to the sweet 4.9Ghz or even 5Ghz. On the other hand you have to test your overclock to be stable especially because the original haswell variant was the disastrously having thermal issue even with well known coolers such like the H100i, Noctua NH-D14 etc.

The sweet spot for core voltage with maybe a 4.6Ghz at least might be between 1.100v to around 1.3v any higher may tend to cause thermal issues or vdroop.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Oh I'm running an h100i and only 1 ssd and an hdd so I'm glad to hear that I don't have to get another power supply too