My First PC

Go to solution Solved by kitnoman,
6 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

Good day LTT!

I just started to build my 1st pc but something is wrong. I have no output but fans are running lights are on and I made sure the ram, gpu, psu cables and cpu are slotted and inserted properly. I need heeelp. Any ideas why?

IMG20240319224042.jpg

I don't see any gpu on the screenshot. This might be a amd's APU? But yes. What's your full specs? Also, how long did you left it on? Ryzen's first boot sometimes take a while, it might be training the memory.

Good day LTT!

I just started to build my 1st pc but something is wrong. I have no output but fans are running lights are on and I made sure the ram, gpu, psu cables and cpu are slotted and inserted properly. I need heeelp. Any ideas why?

IMG20240319224042.jpg

IMG20240319224036.jpg

6 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

Good day LTT!

IMG20240319224042.jpg

I don't see any gpu on the screenshot. This might be a amd's APU? But yes. What's your full specs? Also, how long did you left it on? Ryzen's first boot sometimes take a while, it might be training the memory.

3 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Can you list your full specs? (every part used

CPU- I5-10400

MOBO- Elsa ea H510M-D 

Memory- T-Force 16gbs 2x8gbs 3200mhz

GPU- GTX 770 SC 

PSU- Inplay GS 750w

STORAGE- Natz 512gbs M.2

COOLER- Jushark JF100RS Crystal

(I am currently setting it up on top of the motherboard box because the case haven't arrived yet)

well you dont have a gpu installed so it's not going to display a video signal

4 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

I don't see any gpu on the screenshot

I saw this, but it should still post as it has integrated graphics so the issue is elsewhere

3 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

I tried taking off the gpu as seen on the SS 

CPU- I5-10400

MOBO- Elsa ea H510M-D 

GPU- GTX 770 SC 

PSU- Inplay GS 750w

STORAGE- Natz 512gbs M.2

(I am currently setting it up on top of the motherboard box because the case haven't arrived yet)

1 minute ago, Cheeezy said:

CPU- I5-10400

Just now, emosun said:

well you dont have a gpu installed so it's not going to display a video signal

On the picture there is none because I tried powering it without the gpu and still no display

I tried taking off the gpu as seen on the SS 

CPU- I5-10400

MOBO- Elsa ea H510M-D 

GPU- GTX 770 SC 

PSU- Inplay GS 750w

STORAGE- Natz 512gbs M.2

Can we get a slightly zoomed out pic of the whole motherboard with all components inserted?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

3 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Have you put the GPU in? Its not on the pictures.

As seen on the picture there is non because I tried powering it without the gpu and still no display

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Can we get a slightly zoomed out pic of the whole motherboard with all components inserted?

Sure

17108604905183886801623923591796.jpg

17108605041852902395407771990849.jpg

17108605300456206245569495434669.jpg

Oh I forgot to plug the gpu cable back.....

Just now, Cheeezy said:

Sure

17108604905183886801623923591796.jpg

17108605041852902395407771990849.jpg

17108605300456206245569495434669.jpg

All seems okay, if the cpu heatsink fan plugged into CPU_Fan or Pump_Fan? Some motherboards wont POST without something plugged into the CPU Fan header

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

also that motherboard looks like it may be a very low quality knockoff of an actual asus board so I wouldn't really expect it to function that well if at all. same goes with that cheapo power supply.

where did you buy the parts for this

This may be a bad psu or other issue with the aliexpress board that uses a modified chipset.

The inplay stuff is rebaged REALLY BAD crappy psu's that won't even come close to rated output before going nuclear.

These aliboards have trouble with rgb ram as it pull more power than expected and can cause fail to boot. Seen this many time on ali x79, x99, h310 and h410 boards. Try one stick that sometimes works.

Remove the m.2 you may have a m.2 SATA slot and not a NVME slot. or the drive may be sata and not nvme. I find conflicting info on both the board and drive.

Where these used parts or new? The gpu is used that is clear but the rest?

Anything verified working? Already very good of you to do a testbuild outside of the case!

Just now, emosun said:

also that motherboard looks like it may be a very low quality knockoff of an actual asus board so I wouldn't really expect it to function that well if at all. same goes with that cheapo power supply.

where did you buy the parts for this

For sure looks like the generic harvested chipset boards from aliexpress as that is also the only place I can find it and Elsa is a name that sometimes pops up with these ofbrand boards.

Just now, jaslion said:

For sure looks like the generic harvested chipset boards from aliexpress as that is also the only place I can find it and Elsa is a name that sometimes pops up with these ofbrand boards.

it has a freaking vga and ps/2 connectors so i'm guessing that isn't going to be the best board even when functional.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This may be a bad psu or other issue with the aliexpress board that uses a modified chipset.

The inplay stuff is rebaged REALLY BAD crappy psu's that won't even come close to rated output before going nuclear.

These aliboards have trouble with rgb ram as it pull more power than expected and can cause fail to boot. Seen this many time on ali x79, x99, h310 and h410 boards. Try one stick that sometimes works.

Remove the m.2 you may have a m.2 SATA slot and not a NVME slot. or the drive may be sata and not nvme. I find conflicting info on both the board and drive.

Where these used parts or new? The gpu is used that is clear but the rest?

Anything verified working? Already very good of you to do a testbuild outside of the case!

The PSU was tested on a B760m motherboard and went well I had it ran it for a couple of minutes to make sure.

Yes, the parts are brand new except for the GPU it was given to me from a friend who got an upgrade and it worked fine.

I Just tried the single stick ram on the ddr4 no1 ram slot and still no display and same with powering without the gpu.

I have it running for a couple of minutes now and still no display.

12 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

All seems okay, if the cpu heatsink fan plugged into CPU_Fan or Pump_Fan? Some motherboards wont POST without something plugged into the CPU Fan header

Its on the cpu fan

The PSU was tested on a B760m motherboard and went well I had it ran it for a couple of minutes to make sure.

Yes, the parts are brand new except for the GPU it was given to me from a friend who got an upgrade and it worked fine.

I Just tried the single stick ram on the ddr4 no1 ram slot and still no display and same with powering without the gpu.

I have it running for a couple of minutes now and still no display.

Is your b760 ddr4? If so swap a stick over.

Be warned that psu is not an if it will kill your system but when.

It's the usual crappy no protections against anything psu that has a tendency to go out in flames. You can find the exact one under many different names all cheap as dirt with random wattages on it as they will be the exact same psu every time. I highly advice you replace this for your safety and your systems safety. These tend to work for a little bit and then die spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Is your b760 ddr4? If so swap a stick over.

Be warned that psu is not an if it will kill your system but when.

It's the usual crappy no protections against anything psu that has a tendency to go out in flames. You can find the exact one under many different names all cheap as dirt with random wattages on it as they will be the exact same psu every time. I highly advice you replace this for your safety and your systems safety. These tend to work for a little bit and then die spectacularly.

Yes it was tested on a b760m ddr4 and worked fine.

I was fully aware of budgeting my psu properly, I was convinced since this was the same brand psu my friend had for 4 yrs now so I thought it'd be fine to go woth this one.

They even had it plugged in directly to the wall without an AVR.

48 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

OMFG! Thanks I had it running for at least 15mins and it booted to bios. I had to come back to your reply to thank you for explaining that to me. Jeez It's my first time building a PC and I thought I failed at 1st try. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! Best regards to you. I'm from the Philippines btw. THANK YOUUU!!!

(The memory frequency is not set at max 3200mhz. I could fix it tho because I watch LTT how to build a PC hehe and also I removed my storage while I ran it for 15mins that's why its not there)

17108630530484573885225798789117.jpg